Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: NEVER FEEL "GOOD"  (Read 486 times)

Offline Kbernabe

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
NEVER FEEL "GOOD"
« on: July 06, 2014, 12:48:04 AM »
Does any one else never "feel good" I feel like instead of feeling an overall feeling of health I feel like even when I'm "reassured" about something I never feel "healthy"!! Its frustrating because I'm young and I take care of myself
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: NEVER FEEL "GOOD"
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 01:54:33 PM »
I totally understand.  It's relative for me..  Feeling good that is.  If I'm not having a bad day (less anxiety, less HA symptoms, less fear) then I define that as good. 

Now, I need to get healthy.  As much as I worry about health and as much anxiety as I have, I should be eating a LOT better and getting out and getting exercise but I don't.  I remember way back when I went to the gym religiously and felt like a champion.  I don't want to get addicted to the gym again, but I do want to get much more healthy.

I wish I just felt good as in felt healthy and happy and didn't have any episodes of anxiety or HA.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Joey407

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 03:26:22 PM »
I also never feel good. Even when less anxious or not worrying I feel lethargic and down.
I used to run a lot & then when health anxiety struck. I gave up my running but I. Have carried on eating rubbish and I've gained a bit of weight.
I hate health anxiety. It's driving me crazy and I'm only 26!
Hope you feel better knowing you're not alone. X
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »
While doing my self-help CBT exercises, I read something that is particularly important for HA sufferers to remember:

Healthy does not mean 'symptom free'. We just happen to focus on the little twinges and so on - things that most people would ignore - because of our anxiety. That's why it feels like there's always something wrong with us.

So in other words, we probably don't physically feel any worse than your average person - it's just the emotional fallout that amplifies it for us. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »
Good point snowberry.

Bookmark and Share

Offline 3r1cR0c9

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • i'm not crazy just a little unwell...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 09:10:54 AM »
i felt like crying when i read this. it's been months but i still don't feel totally well. i hear/read about a certain sickness & i get scared thinking that i might also have that. i've stopped reading & watching anything that will trigger me to be afraid of something but my brain is just so restless.

everyday i feel like i'm fighting to live. it hurts. it really does because i feel like i'm trapped. i'm tired of visiting doctors, of getting lab tests but most of all i'm tired of feeling like i'm merely surviving & not really living. it hurts to wake up in the morning & feel like something is really wrong with me. that i could be really sick and that the doctors just took my symptoms for granted. i am currently on an alkaline diet & i feel guilty every time i eat some food that is not on the alkaline list because i could be feeding those cells that will make me sick.

i want to live my life but it's not that easy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 56
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
I have never felt totally "well" in my life and I think it's largely due to anxiety.  I've had HA literally as far back as I can remember and there was always some little symptom bugging me.  Even if it wasn't one that caused anxiety.  For example, since a bad bout of gastritis in early childhood I've had basically constant nausea.  I've had achy joints for no reason since I was old enough to talk and complain about them. 

But if I were the kind of person to just ignore things like that instead of being so constantly aware of them, would I still feel them?  I think probably not, or not as much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SRD0288

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 01:14:24 PM »
I'm the exact same way. I never wake up and feel great. There is always something, whether it's a muscle ache or headache, ect. It definitely weighs heavily on me... But as some of you said, I don't really take care of myself the way I should. Having such bad HA you'd think I would be on top of it all. Only recently I changed my eating habits but still have yet to go to the gym (I've had a membership for about 6 months and have only gone once) I guess I'm just fearful it will make me ache more or I'll feel even more crappy afterwards.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 01:31:16 PM »
Maybe we need to collectively create a sticky and somehow work with the moderators to make an HA self help challenge where we all sign up and agree/challenge ourselves to do certain things each day like eat better, exercise, read a certain inspirational thing, etc etc..
Bookmark and Share

Offline SRD0288

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 03:24:52 PM »
I like that idea Bocephus
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything