Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Thyroid meds and sore leg muscles.....anyone experience this?  (Read 67 times)

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I've been on Levothyroxine (generic Synthroid) for about a month now.  I have noticed that out of the blue, my leg muscles will really hurt.  It's not every day but maybe five days total out of the month.  About two weeks ago, I woke up and my right thigh muscle was super sore and tender like I had just worked out.   

Today, I woke up and both of the back of my calves are sore and tender, too.  I haven't worked out so it's not from exercising.

I've read online about some people saying that their thyroid meds were causing muscle pain.  Should I be concerned or mention this to my doctor?  I would think after a month's time that my body has already gotten used to the medication.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. 
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Thyroid meds and sore leg muscles.....anyone experience this?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:17:08 AM »
Anyone?  I'm bumping this post up in case it got overlooked. 

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Tags: