Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone have ringing in the ears from anxiety?  (Read 111 times)

Offline Luscion

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does anyone have ringing in the ears from anxiety?
« on: July 05, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »
hey guys, i've had anxiety for a while now, 6months-ish but its nowhere near as bad as it was a couple months ago. its mild these days but there's something i just cant shake, is the ringing in the ears. i only notice it when i go to sleep or go in a room where there is no noise whatsoever. it also gets worse if i take my fingers and press my ears together. is this normal or should i be worried about it? i've had it consistently for a few weeks now. i think this might stem from the anxiety of me thinking something is wrong with my brain or just all the months of anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone have ringing in the ears from anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 07:39:46 PM »
It's a very common symptom in anxiety sufferers. it can come and go at random, which is irritating. But nothing to worry about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Buddy122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 07:50:49 PM »
I have tinnitus pretty bad, most of which I attribute to anxiety. It had gotten worse ten fold since beginning an ssri treatment. Like the poster above me said though, nothing to really worry about, plus there's no cure anyway. Not to sound negative. I sleep with some sort of sound going on every night and it helps...be it a tv or fan or whatever.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 08:00:50 PM »
I have it too, and have been to doctors and ENG and audiologist and all have said I'm ok, just tiny bit of hearing loss and probably brought on by stress.  Have had it for over a year now.  When I stress out its loud, when I don't stress it's much more quiet.  Xanax really helps me with it.  So does hearing water trickling, like showers or streams.  It's very common and most all of the time is nothing to worry about except of course it's tough not to think about it...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Luscion

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 08:14:08 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys, i just found it weird that only i could hear it especially if i blocked my ears.thought it was an some sort of infection that could get allot worse...silly now i know but thats HA for you. Guess i'll just have to try and ignore it as best i can and who knows it might go away. also just like Buddy122 said, i find going to sleep with a little noise in the background helps like the tv or some music.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SkittishSari

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 08:26:51 PM »
Yes, and it is made worse from an SSRI. Also, jaw clenching.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 12:27:09 AM »
I get it too, as well as the jaw clenching. Also pain and pressure in my ears and intermittent vertigo. One day I am going to look back on this and be glad it's in the past...

I don't notice the tinnitus most of the time, but now and then it gets rather loud. The rest of the symptoms are usually present and have been for months.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: