Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Freaking out again. I just want it to stop so I can resume my life.  (Read 98 times)

Offline zmichelle557

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So, I have a fear that I contracted rabies through human to human contact from my husband who may or may not have touched a dog with confirmed rabies.  To be safe it was recommended he get the rabies shots. I posted on here the other day about all of this. I was doing pretty good and then another panic attack. Couldn't breathe and it hurts to swallow where I have a lump in throat feeling. I convinced my anxiety is actually rabies caused anxiety and that the doctors won't see that and I will be dead in a few days. I have talked to two nurses and the epidemiologist twice who all said there is no chance. Rational I know there isn't yet I can't stop believing I have it. I sleep fine and wake up and start thinking of it. I don't have fever, headache, dry cough, or anything really. The only symptoms I have that are related is my throat, upset stomach, and anxiety. I have periods of calm which is also a symptom of rabies. Yes I  a Google user. I wish I could stop these irrational thoughts. But I really think I am going to be the first case of human to human transmission world wide. Ughhhh sorry. My husband and family are tired of me talking about it. They firmly believe what the nurses and epidemiologist said. I wish I could too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikeyafraid

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Freaking out again. I just want it to stop so I can resume my life.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 06:01:26 PM »
Rabies is something found deep in underdeveloped countries where dogs are all over the street. Rarely is it found in developed countries. The rabies mortality rate in the USA is 2 people per year. You have NOTHING to worry about! Ease up! Your getting yourself all worked up! And even in the case that you did have it, which you dont, you most certainly wont die from it if you get medical attention. I hope this helps!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Freaking out again. I just want it to stop so I can resume my life.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 07:29:45 PM »
"I don't let fear control me."

Those exact words. think about them the next time you feel you are getting scared, and do not change them or use similar ones. Using the right words can be surprisingly powerful. Using the wrong ones can have the opposite effect.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: