Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Dr. Says Not to Worry--premature brain atrophy--Yet I am Still Worried!!  (Read 192 times)

Offline nabila12

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ok, so I had a head CT scan done about two weeks ago that showed possible premature brain atrophy. Am following up with a neurologist on Thursday just to be sure that it is nothing. Both a neurologist I paid to talk to online and my family doctor reassured me that I really shouldn't worry about this, that the wording of the radiology report is very reassuring, and that it is a common finding with no meaning. I also have no symptoms of neurological disease. However, I had a head CT done 5 years ago for migraines that was normal, as far as I know, but it has not yet been compared to the one done two weeks ago because the imaging place that did it can't find it. Long story short, my family doc is going to have my records from 5 years ago pulled out of storage and dig up that old CT report and call the imaging place with the chart number so that my neurologist can compare the two when I see her. I know this is RIDICULOUS, but despite TWO doctors telling me not to worry, for some reason I am worried because the neurologist is going to be able to compare the two studies and I am just sure she will find something terrible. I feel like if she could only see the most recent CT scan, everything would be fine, but being able to do that comparison somehow makes me way more nervous. I can't exactly figure out why, but I can't even heed the advice of two doctors not to worry. Is that just how HA works, that is has some mysterious, quasi-superstitious element to it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sorry uou are going thru this. If the doctor saw something alarming he would have said so. I can see how worry u r about comparing both ct scans but please rest assure if the doctor said there is nothing to worry about I wouldn't worry.

By the way did your migraines go away? Did h have to take meds for those? Good luck and please keep me posted!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline jilllayy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
just remember! my ct showed i had a blockage in my kidney causing the tissue to die but really i didnt and no one even said a word to me i found out months later just pulling reports for a new dr haha my dr even had me do an ultrasound to check and nothing at all!
Bookmark and Share

Offline SkittishSari

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
This is the problem with getting as much testing done as a lot of us do. Things pop up that are most often nothing, but need to be explored because now they've been spotted. I had this with my eyes- my optic disk margins are very slightly blurred, which could be caused by something horrid like a brain tumor, or it could be genetic. Several total freak outs, opthamologist and neuro exams, and an MRI later, I am fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sari nailed it - as my father in law is fond of saying, don't go looking for medical issues, because you'll always find something.  With enough testing you're bound to find SOMETHING out of the ordinary, usually utterly harmless, but for people like us, it's enough to terrify.  And then we worry for no good reason. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: