Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared...  (Read 135 times)

Offline Jtmatchett

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared...
« on: July 05, 2014, 02:43:55 PM »
Hello everyone,

I need to some help... I have been to the three different doctors now and all of which claim I have anxiety/stress. I don't buy it...

Weight: 236
Height: 6'3

It all started with some stiffness in my upper back about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Wouldn't go away with Motrin. Felt short of breath as well. Was scared it could be lung cancer. Also felt like something was in throat but when I went to clear it, nothing. Hands and feet have been cold and I have been shaking on and off. Went to urgent care. Nurse and doctor looked me over and said my heart and lungs sounded good. They took a chest xray and everything came back good. My weight was 231lb during this visit. Doctor treated me with z pak and naproxen saying I might have some inflammation in my lungs. Over the next week I took the z pak and naproxen. I began to have sleep issues with my back pain but insomnia has grown worse. Haven't slept a good nights sleep in 2 weeks...

Finished z pak and figured maybe that was causing my sleep issues. I then began to develop super tight muscles in my neck. I could have sworn it was my lymph nodes because I started to feel tired all the time. Arms were very achy and hard to lift. I also have lost my appetite. So I decided to go back to urgent care and tell them how I felt now. Different doctor examined me. Again said heart and lungs sounded good. I weighed 228 during this visit. Doctor didn't prescribe me anything and claimed I was having anxiety issues...

My insomnia continues and I'm waking up after an hour of laying in bed with my heart beating hard, not fast. My wife and family think I'm having anxiety as well...

Because I still don't believe anyone is right, I checked myself into the ER and had them run X-rays on chest and neck. They also did bloodwork. Everything came back good and bloodwork was dead on where it should be. Blood work would have ruled out disease, lymphoma and diabetes.

I am still unable to sleep and am losing weight at a decent rate. I am now down to 226. 10lbs in 2 1/2 - 3 weeks seems excessive. I have never had anything like this happen in my entire life. I'm starting to freak out because the weight just keeps dropping. I'm scared I could have pancreatic or some sort of digestive cancer. I am burping constantly, even when I'm haven't had anything to eat or drink.

Is it possible I am stressing out so much that im losing weight this fast? I'm scared I might have cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 06:42:12 PM »
I'm sorry you're going through this! It sounds like you've been to several doctors & they've done exams, bloodwork, x-rays, etc, all coming back perfect. I would say it does sound like anxiety. And anxiety can cause you to lose your appetite, which obviously will cause you to lose weight. I'm not an expert on weight loss, but years ago when I went on a special diet (which was a healthy one, not some crazy fad one), I lost like 10lbs in about 2 weeks. It was basically cutting out dairy, cutting back on sugar & eating more fruits & veggies. So I don't think 10lbs in 2 weeks is a bad thing, but again, I'm not an expert on this! If you keep losing weight without trying, then you should definitely talk to a doctor.

If you're still having back pain -- or any muscle pain, for that matter -- I highly suggest googling stretches for whatever area is bothering you. (This is one of the few times it's ok to google something!) I go to google images for this. I was having back stiffness in the middle of my back & my upper back for months. It was awful. Stress & anxiety definitely made it worse. I also found out I had a pinched sciatic nerve, which sometimes caused lower back pain and my right leg & foot to have issues (mostly pins & needles feeling). AND I often have tight muscles in my neck & shoulders, especially when I'm stressed. I had x-rays & bloodwork done, too -- everything came back fine. One of the doctors I saw suggested googling stretches for the sciatica (or seeing a physical therapist if necessary), so I did just that. Wow! Let me tell you, after doing this routine for about a month, I'm doing so much better. The stretches definitely help the sciatica & as a bonus, my middle & upper back are feeling MUCH better. I never thought that nagging stiffness in my back would go away & was sure it was part of some awful disease they missed, but it's finally almost gone! It flares up if I'm really stressed or if I sit too long, but then I go do my stretches.

I also do a short series of stretches for neck, shoulders & arms. Doesn't take long to do. Great for loosening up tense muscles. I started doing it every morning to loosen up, then I do the sciatic stretches. Now I feel like crap in the morning until I do this routine & even though my mornings are hectic, I make sure to do this because I know it's something I need to do for ME to keep myself going. Anyway, sorry for the long reply. Let me know if you want links to any of the stretches. Good luck!!!
Bookmark and Share