Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety Overload  (Read 125 times)

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety Overload
« on: July 04, 2014, 04:46:40 PM »
So we decided to go up to my in laws cottage this weekend for the fourth of July.  I bring my two saint bernards up there a lot and they love it but I was very reluctant to do so this time with so many people and another dog up there.  My cousins husband was bringing there dog because they couldn't find a sitter on the 4th of july and I said well I won't bring my dogs then.  She insisted I still bring them and that it was the 4th and we were all going to have a good time.  Their black lab and one of my dogs and did not get a long.  When they were meeting my dog apparently scratched the cousins husband with his nails and drew blood.  They were upset about it and told us and I felt terrible.  So we kept them separated and my dogs were put in the sun room the whole time.  I felt bad for my dogs because we coop them up all day while we are at work and the last thing I wanted to do was coop them up all weekend.  Plus there were about 15 people there being very loud and obnoxious so my dogs were already reacting uncomfortably.  We have our "room at the cottage" when we stay we sleep in that room.  Well we had to give up to my husbands aunt and uncle and my hubby and I were forced to sleep in the unfinished attic while our dogs slept in the in laws room.  It was nice they took them but that also made my anxiety worse for not being able to be comforted by my dogs.  I woke up this morning at 5:30 in the morning to one of my dogs barking.  I ran down to see what was going on and apparently one of my dogs was barking too loud at one of my hubby's uncles.  So after having heightened anxiety for 8 plus hours sleeping for maybe 4 hours I told my hubby I couldn't take it anymore and we had to leave.  I know I have big dogs and not everyone likes big dogs so I didn't want to bring them and now I know not to bring them again when the extended family is up.  I feel terrible that my hubby had to leave his extended family and told him he could stay but he didn't want to be there "alone".  I was really hoping for a relaxing fourth of July but now we are home :(  It was the worst anxiety I have felt in a long time and I was so uncomfortable and I feel terrible that I had to leave and I feel like it's my fault :(  I didn't want my dogs to be uncomfortable all weekend and I was also extremely uncomfortable.  I am going to my friends house tonight for a bonfire and I hope that cheers me up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety Overload
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 04:52:18 PM »
I'm sorry things didn't go very well. :( unfortunately sometimes family functions can be a disaster. I hope you're able to get some rest and can enjoy the bonfire tonight
Bookmark and Share

Tags: