Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fearing the way you will die  (Read 149 times)

Offline BeeDot

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
Fearing the way you will die
« on: July 04, 2014, 01:46:58 PM »
This might be a little strange....but bear with me.

I have read a couple of stories about people who had intense, unexplained phobias.  Perhaps one of the most well known ones is that of the actress Natalie Wood who had a fear of deep, dark water and who eventually drowned and died in a lake. 

I have an intense phobia of flying that came (seemingly) out of nowhere when I was about 18 or 19.  I am so afraid that I developed this fear because my soul (or whatever) knows to be afraid of it as a plane crash will be what causes my death.  I have also often been unable to see myself living to an old age and am so scared that that means I will die a young death.  I am 24 now.

This probably sounds incredibly irrational, but I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this.  I love love love travelling, but if I can't get over this fear....I'll never be able to do the kind of traveling I want to do. 
Bookmark and Share
For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe.  -Author Unknown

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fearing the way you will die
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 04:41:04 PM »
You do know that more people die in car crashes? The sky is a safe place on the whole. What crashes that do happen is plastered all over the news for days and this alone creates a lot of fear for some people. I have no idea if there is anywhere near you to exhibits planes? We have a place here in Ireland. For a person with a fear they can actually board a plane and have a look around it. One of those sort of places. Visiting place. Get a feel for a plane. See how big it really is. Take in everything. Try to work out the fear you have as you look around the plane. Knowing it won't be taken off the ground. First time I was ever on a plane was at such a place. May be worth checking out. See if any exist near you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: