Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Rock bottom  (Read 166 times)

Offline Poppypet

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Rock bottom
« on: July 04, 2014, 12:06:23 PM »
Have you ever felt so utterly overwhelmed, with relentless anxiety and panic that the next instant it will kill you? Totally overwhelm you? Beyond terror? I find if I stay with this feeling rather than try and get rid of it, and survive, I come out stronger.
Very very hard to do :(
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Rock bottom
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 05:34:33 AM »
If you simply give in to anxiety and the feelings it brings it will simply pass. May a time I felt bad. I just lay down in bed and said ' whatever will be, will be '. What happened? Nothing at all. I fell asleep. To be able to give into it is a good skill to learn.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline saffron

• Dare to be different
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 03:21:21 AM »
Yes, exactly what Cuchculan said. I've been seeing a therapist for a few weeks now for my panic attacks that just started happening a couple months ago, and she's been telling me the exact same thing to simply give in and let the anxiety pass. It's really hard, in fact, I'm still struggling with it. My first instinct is to try and fight a panic attack off, because my fear is just too much. I feel like I'm really going to die, and that fighting it is my only option. But I always end up falling asleep and waking up the next morning, and my doctors say that I'm healthy. I've found that my anxiety is a lot less intense and easier to manage when I just tell myself similar things to what Cuchculan says: "whatever will be, will be".
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrManBeard

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 03:58:01 PM »
I completely agree! Over the years I have found that when I give into the fear it only makes the next panic attack worse. When I choose to accept an attack for what it is and just tell myself that "it is what it is", I find that I'm more capable of handling the next one.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: