Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Some black seed-like things in stool  (Read 237 times)

Offline mmd

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Some black seed-like things in stool
« on: July 04, 2014, 09:51:24 AM »
Warning: Bowel stuff: Maybe TMI!

For the past few weeks I've had stomach troubles so I've been giving myself a sort of bowel cleanse since yesterdayt, not eating after lunch and taking a couple of doses of epsom salt mixed with juice. I've gotten the usual results that I expected - going often, diarrhea. But I'm worried because I'm noticing some small, black seed like things floating in the water. This is gross, but I scooped a couple of them up and tried to smear them. They didn't smear but fell apart and acted like wet seed husks. The problem is, I haven't had anything with seeds since Monday (I had strawberries in a smoothie), and these were a bit bigger than strawberry seeds.

Now I'm worried that this could be the dreaded "blood in the stool"! Of course Googling worked me up into a panic!
We're about to leave on a 2 week vacation Sunday and I'm so scared that this is something serious!
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Some black seed-like things in stool
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 12:40:06 PM »
Did you also know that stuff in your colon doesn't always pass right away after eating?????  Those "seed" things could be from a week ago!!  when you poop, unless doing a colon cleanse, you don't get rid of EVERY single morsel in your colon with a daily poop.  What you are experiencing, in my opinion, is probably absolutely normal.....leave the poo alone and start getting ready for your vacation!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 06:34:40 PM »
I actually took some in to show my gastro and he said it's fiber.  It can be from a banana, even.  Since they don't smear...... it's NOT BLOOD, but just some bits of fiber that we happened to see.  Everyone has them but most of the time we just don't see them.

I pooped out something about 1/2 an inch long that looked like a tiny stick.  I thought and thought and then remembered I've been eating Fig Newtons every night to keep me from being constipated and figs are stringy PLUS we'd tried one of the store brands that was almost hard.  Also, the center of carrots have a hard piece running through them and I'd had some carrots a few days before.

NOT TO WORRY about the black stuff. This was a super great gastro out of Atlanta (and I've had colon cancer).
Bookmark and Share

Offline mmd

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 08:24:33 PM »
Thank you SO MUCH!! You have both made me feel better!

I have to go on vacation mode now - people are counting on me.
I know I have to face this HA again when I come back, but for now, I can't let my family down. They're all so excited about this vacation.
I hate HA! One of my goals when I come back is to find a good CBT psychologist, I don't care if I interview 10 or 20 of them before I find a good one. I've tried 3 - none helped! I'm so sick of HA putting a damper in everything I do!
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:19:26 PM »
Enjoy your vacation!  Let us know how you are doing when you return!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 07:14:51 AM »
Dont forget that the strawberry seeds could also swell up once they absorbed moisture in your digestive tract
Bookmark and Share

Tags: