Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: loss of appetite  (Read 168 times)

Offline RYN079

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
loss of appetite
« on: July 04, 2014, 06:52:19 AM »
Hi,

I had quite a rough month, but last week has been ok.  I have lost my appetite and I am wondering if it is due to illness which hasn't been diagnosed yet.  I have also lost about 1kg in weight.  What do you think?

Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: loss of appetite
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 07:39:16 AM »
Weight  loss is common with things like stress, anxiety and depression, because for a lot of people it kills their appetite.  (Wish I was one of those people; it just makes me eat more!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline HNDFL

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Never Give Up Never Back Down
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 11:41:06 AM »
Yes this is common with stress/anxiety. I have experienced this myself. I have gone an entire day or 2 without eating simply because I had no appetite! Just try to relax and realise this is a common symptom with anxiety!
Bookmark and Share
"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up"-Proverbs 12:25

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."-John 14:27

Offline RYN079

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 12:58:42 PM »
When I eat it is because I know I have to and not because I am hungry.  Also I wasn't anxious this last week, and I an so afraid I could have C.  I am most worried of pancreatic.  Today I also felt nausea whilst eating.  I am so lost!
Bookmark and Share

Offline HNDFL

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Never Give Up Never Back Down
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 01:18:04 PM »
Just because you were not anxious doesn't mean your body has left its anxious state. It takes weeks of calm for your body to return to a nonreactive state. I have a feeling you are like me and like to use "Dr. Google". If you do Google STOP NOW. Googling willl just make your anxiety worse!
Bookmark and Share
"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up"-Proverbs 12:25

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."-John 14:27

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 01:38:05 PM »
When my anxiety started back in October I lost over half a stone, which I think is about 3kg. I wasn't eating properly and I was anxious beyond belief 24/7. I love food and normally eat a really good healthy diet and lots of it but as soon as my worry began, I was never hungry which is how I knew I wasn't 'me'!!

Anxiety has so many different symptoms and loss of appetite is a major one. Don't let yourself look into this too much and assume an illness must be causing it as you'll worry more and lose more weight! TRY and relax.. I know it's hard... impossible at times! My appetite came back luckily as I was looking  bit bony!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 03:15:43 PM »
RYN079, loss of appetite is a common symptom of anxiety, mine can last for months... I am getting better and getting my appetite back slowly after getting on Veneflaxine. I eat also not because I enjoy it but because I know I have to for my survival. I almost feel like I'm killing a cat when I eat when I have anxiety, like it's illegal... I get it a lot... The stress of not being with my purring friend and avocado tree makes me anxious and loose my appetite, it's a common symptom of anxiety and stress in general.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Michael L

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 03:49:32 PM »
I too am suffering from loss of appetite.

I normally am a glutton, but by HA might bed causing this.  You're not alone.  Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 06:52:26 PM »
I drink peppermint tea and it makes my appetite come back each and every time, maybe you should try it if you like tea or the plant.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline RYN079

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 12:21:44 AM »
Thanks for all of your replies. Much appreciated. Will see how it goes.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: