Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Colon cancer? Small lump around bum  (Read 90 times)

Offline wanderlust2386

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Colon cancer? Small lump around bum
« on: July 03, 2014, 09:18:34 PM »
This is kind of embarassing but two weeks ago I had a bout of constipation and was straining a lot to go. The next day a grape sized lump formed around my anus that is purplish and was very painful and itchy. I began using witch hazel, vaseline and keeping the area clean, and now the lump has reduced to about the size of a pea but it is still there. It no longer itches or burns, but some days I have a deep ache in my tailbone (don't know if it's related). There is no blood and my bowel movements have returned to normal. I feel like the past couple of days it isn't really getting smaller, but is just at a standstill. Does anyone know what this could be? Of course, I am quite the hypochondriac and I am scared that it's something serious like colon cancer. I'm a 27 year old female, fairly healthy, except for my anxiety. I barely notice it when I don't think about it (cause it's painless now), but I KNOW ITS THERE, and it hasn't gone away completely and I am rounding week 3. I'm so scared that I have colon cancer or something serious. It's all I can think about day and night. I'm also really concerned because of my tailbone pain that some days is SO painful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Colon cancer? Small lump around bum
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 09:54:50 PM »
Textbook hemorrhoid.  I've had a permanent one for decades - it just never really shrunk away entirely.  It's a lot bigger than yours.  Causes no harm; just annoying to clean around. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline SkittishSari

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Colon cancer? Small lump around bum
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 12:40:01 AM »
I agree. That's a hemmorhoid. No fun but not dangerous.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: