Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lyme Disease please help!  (Read 170 times)

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lyme Disease please help!
« on: July 03, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »
I'm super afraid of having Lyme Disease.  I'm tired most of the time but I never nap and I'm never just laying in bed all day.  I'm 15 and was taken to Pennsylvanian once when I was like 2 or 3.  My neck will be stiff or sore some times and It's very annoying.  Some nights my tendons in my elbow become very sore until I go to sleep and when I wake up they're fine.  When I pee it takes a while to get going too even if I have to pee really bad.  I live in Mesa, Az so I'm in the middle of the desert not around and deer ticks at all but I'm still very scared about it.  Since I am 15 i can't just go to the doctors and if I asked my parents they wouldn't take me because that would sound ridiculous to them.  So I don't know what to do about this.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline joe2014

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lyme Disease please help!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 09:02:32 PM »
When you were 2 or 3 if you got bit by a deer tick and got Lyme your parents would have brought you to the hospital.  It is very obvious when a child has lyme. There in no doubt something is wrong with them both by their behavior and a bullseye type bite. Our son had it when he was small and we could tell right away something was wrong.  You should tell your parents anyway though of your concerns and how you're feeling just to get checked out.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:10:44 AM »
my youngest was dx'd with lyme 18 months ago.  she was likely bitten by the tick June '12.  by November she was experiencing SEVERE joint pain.  the kind of pain were she could put no pressure on her wrists.  she was having significant hip pain and spine pain.  this was 6 months after the bite.   she spent 6 months on anti-biotics.

I have a friend who was bitten by a tick in 2000.  she was dx'd with Lyme disease 2 yrs ago.  NOW after all of these years, she is SIGNIFICANTLY disabled.

if you were bitten by a tick and got Lyme disease when you were 2 or 3 and are now 15 (left untreated), then you would be like my friend is now---------significantly impaired.

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 07:21:00 AM »
I had Lyme Disease a few years ago.  Trust me, when you have it there is no "Gee I wonder if something is wrong?" because you will absolutely know something is wrong and seek medical attention.

You said you're 15 - growing pains would explain your symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: