Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ovarian Cancer  (Read 266 times)

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Rec's: 28
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Ovarian Cancer
« on: July 03, 2014, 02:54:51 PM »
Well,

This is nice.  I'm in full blown cycle now.   :(

I haven't needed my Kolonipin in over two years and I think I'm gonna have to give in and get a refill.

For some reason I let myself get into googling session today..(BROKE THE BIGGEST RULE IN THE HA BOOK).

Now, I'm "certain" I have ovarian cancer.

I had the hardest time battling a "cold" and I got over it, but still don't feel right. 

My right ovary is KILLING ME.  My stomach feels strange (fluidy and gurgly). 
My back hurts, my sides hurt.  I can't breathe good. 
Lymph nodes hurt underarms.
Burping a ton
Urinating a ton

I'm struggling y'all.   :traurig001:

I do have a LONG history of Endometriosis, fibroids and ovarian cyst.   But this is of little comfort to me right now.  If anything it's making me think that I ignored this for too long, thinking it had to do with my previous issues.  (I've had the ovary pain for months straight now).

Gosh, I never thought I'd be this far down an HA road again...  :angry:
Bookmark and Share
Matthew 6:27  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Offline Allochka

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ovarian Cancer
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 05:09:30 PM »
I'm very sorry that you feel that way. I haven't been around lately and was not following your latest posts. But I remember one you wrote last summer in 2013 - " words of wisdom from HA oldtimer" . It was very inspiring to me - knowing that someone struggling for a long time found a strength to fight. You've told a story about the worst HA day in your life and how you decided to stop it. Please check that post. It will show you that you've been down this road, and have found a way out once. You'll do it again! Perhaps there were changes in your life which made you feel uncertain again. But you'll cope. You don't have cancer, you have HA and you know it.and you'll deal with it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 05:28:48 PM »
Allochka,

Thank you so much for remembering and directing me to my old post. I was literally in tears reading it.

I still believe and cling to every word in that post.

You're right...Big life change has led to anxiety being amped up and my brain is working overtime...against me.
(We are moving from Florida to Indiana)

I am going to chill out and breathe.

I did make an appt.  I'm going to go to GYN on 10th...and until then, no more searching or freaking...putting the breaks on now!!

And I also wanted to say I'm so happy to hear that you e been doing so well!!! Keep on keeping on, my friend! 

I'm going to make it through this set back. I'm sure :)

And for anyone curious and looking for a get well post, here is the link !!

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,74589.15.html
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allochka

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 05:59:54 PM »
I am absolutely sure you will make it through! We all know the nature of HA and that it is cyclic. It's normal to have set backs trigged by big changes like you are having now. You should not be harsh on yourself for this, but at the same time please don't let it become a constant ful blown HA again.
Your appointment will be fine, cysts in the worst case .
And I will say it once again- that your post in summer 2013 was one of the most inspiring to me, thank you for this !
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 09:28:06 PM »
Sorry to see you caught back in this crap - you were doing so well for so long!  But that just means you can go back to doing great :) 

And you know all the flaws in your thinking right now - you know that Dr. Google is a terrible doctor, that one should think horses rather than zebras, that HA causes us to assume the worst over nothing - so you're already at an advantage in kicking anxiety's butt.

I'm having a lot of similar symptoms at the moment.  I also have a big old ovarian cyst, and a history of cysts and endometriosis.  My doctor is closely monitoring it just in case, but it seems very likely to just be the old problems acting up, and I imagine it's the same for you.  Ovarian cancer is very rare in pre-menopausal women. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline JER2911

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 09:42:52 PM »
Thank you Mollyfin :)

I am trying to tell myself I've had all these symptoms a million times and it wasn't ovarian cancer.

Logical me realizes that much.  So HA me needs to take a hike!

Sorry you're dealing with a cyst right now too. No fun!!

I'm going to be ok. But glad I have this place to come to when I need some understanding.

Allochka- Thanks again for your kind words!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline nole23

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 08:49:05 PM »
Jer hi there :)
Just as always before, you're going to be a-ok!
The hardest thing for us HA sufferers is when we have genuine symptoms that tick the boxes of our most feared diseases. BUT you must try remember that symptoms do NOT necessarily mean terrible illness, they are far more likely to indicate a much more common and easy to treat problem. Ovca is RARE. It is the LEAST likely scenario. What you're describing sounds like a virus. Possibly residual from your cold/flu. Maybe even a residual UTI.
It's always good to get checked out, but go to your GYN appt knowing that you.are.just.fine.
Sending you a ((Big hug))
Bookmark and Share

Offline JER2911

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 09:27:12 AM »
Hi Nole!!

Hope you're doing we'll :)

I'm doing better since the day I wrote this post.  Not freaking nearly as bad.
I did make an appt for the 10th and I had some blood work done, so I'm just waiting. 

I had a GREAT 4th of July!! Hung out st the beach all day and seen the fireworks from the boat.
Didn't even give my worries a second thought :)

That was prob the last time we will get to do that since we are moving up north in about a month.

Trying my best to keep moving forward.

Thanks for talking!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline nole23

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 10:37:20 AM »
I'm so happy to hear you're doing better. It's all about being present and it sounds like you were! Happy 4th of  July!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: