Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Who else get sticky hands?  (Read 94 times)

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Who else get sticky hands?
« on: July 03, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »
The past few days I've had high anxiety. I'm doing my best to just give it a nod and let it pass through me without getting hung up on it, but I have been noticing some of the annoying physical affects it has on me and I was wondering how common these are for others.

One particularly annoying but not too concerning symptom is that my hands get super sticky. I wash them and dry them and ten minutes later everything I touch wants to cling to my hands, as though my palms are covered with sticky tape.

Does anybody else get this? It's so weird. Sometimes my hands are sweaty even if I feel chilled, but mostly they are not so much sweaty as just plain sticky. I keep wondering if there's an evolutionary advantage to having sticky hands that could cause this to happen during times of stress. At the same time, it's very inconvenient and I end up constantly dropping things because instead of just letting go of them they cling to my hands. Maybe I was bitten by a radioactive spider? :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
Re: Who else get sticky hands?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 01:51:04 PM »
The past few days I've had high anxiety. I'm doing my best to just give it a nod and let it pass through me without getting hung up on it, but I have been noticing some of the annoying physical affects it has on me and I was wondering how common these are for others.

One particularly annoying but not too concerning symptom is that my hands get super sticky. I wash them and dry them and ten minutes later everything I touch wants to cling to my hands, as though my palms are covered with sticky tape.

Does anybody else get this? It's so weird. Sometimes my hands are sweaty even if I feel chilled, but mostly they are not so much sweaty as just plain sticky. I keep wondering if there's an evolutionary advantage to having sticky hands that could cause this to happen during times of stress. At the same time, it's very inconvenient and I end up constantly dropping things because instead of just letting go of them they cling to my hands. Maybe I was bitten by a radioactive spider? :laugh3:

Toasted- radioactive spider!!! :yes: I think I'll focus on that!

Haven't experienced this, though. I wonder if it could  be Hyperhidrosis?

In any case, if you have any cornstarch in the house, put it on your hands and see what happens  :yes:

Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 02:52:41 PM »
I think it may be related to hyperhidrosis but it seems to present differently, with just hand stickiness being the main effect. Corn starch doesn't seem to help though, at least not that I've noticed. It just makes my hands feel gross.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 02:59:56 PM »
I think it may be related to hyperhidrosis but it seems to present differently, with just hand stickiness being the main effect. Corn starch doesn't seem to help though, at least not that I've noticed. It just makes my hands feel gross.

Are your hands itchy as well?

Do you think maybe you should see a derm or maybe your regular physician?

If you put your hands together .... oh, never mind. I know what I want to ask but don't know the right words....

It does sound like some kind of sweat gland thing even though it's just that stickiness....

I had the opposite last year...my hands and fingers got super dry. And itchy. And I itched in my sleep until they bled. Turned out to be a form of eczema called Dyshidrotic  Eczema.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: