Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach problems: IBS or much worse?  (Read 135 times)

Offline AbeLinkedIn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach problems: IBS or much worse?
« on: July 03, 2014, 09:26:08 AM »
This is an odd situation to discuss, but here goes nothing. As I mentioned in a previous post, my current health fear is testicular cancer, but the last symptom I made a post about was a back sensation which has thankfully gone away, but now I have a subtle stomach issue which seems to come and go.

The confusing thing is I also suffer from IBS, where abdominal pain is a major symptom, and the only thing that's comforting me is A. the fact that no other TC symptoms have manifested and B. the fact that I have bowel movements and gas. As I said, my doctor told me several times that I don't have TC, but I have the ever so omnipresent fear of misdiagnosis.

So I guess my question is would abdominal pain from TC come and go like IBS or would it be constant? It always happens when I wake up and subsides throughout the day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Poke This Member
Re: Stomach problems: IBS or much worse?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 11:35:12 AM »
cancer pain doesn't get better, it stays around and gets worse. If you've got the A-OK from the doctor than I don't think you have TC.

In fact, pain is actually a rare symptom when it comes to TC. Only about 1 in 10 people who are diagnosed with it felt pain.

Also, TC is pretty rare, and even those who DO get it are almost guaranteed to survive. 
Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Offline AbeLinkedIn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach problems: IBS or much worse?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 12:14:22 PM »
The thing that worries me most is that the abdominal pain is described as dull. Would dull mean subtle as well or am I letting fear get the best of me?

I'm glad that the fact it comes and goes is a good sign.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: