Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: SOMETHING HAS TO BE WRONG WITH MY VISION  (Read 220 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
SOMETHING HAS TO BE WRONG WITH MY VISION
« on: July 02, 2014, 06:46:31 PM »
My symptoms:
feel like they go unfocused on there own
Wake up in morning stare at digital clock but can't stare before they unfocus on there own and are shifty and it's STRANGE
When driving or working or doing anything they randomly feel out of focus like a magnifying glass getting to close and then it goes back to normal
I take Xanax and I feel pretty fine and if I drink alcohol I feel even better... But after alcohol it's awful
It's been weeks or months on and off but seem worse now
I'm 26 what the hell is wrong with me I'm so sick of this ***** I really am I can't enjoy my life id rather be dead honest to god this is ridiculous now
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Re: SOMETHING HAS TO BE WRONG WITH MY VISION
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:21:19 PM »
It's been going hand in hand with the dizziness off balance feeling that my ENT and Neuro said was anxiety. I get random bursts of panic and like eye distortions. I recently lowered my Xanax like half dose of normal but this started before then. I had one week of nothing until a week ago and it was all back. I'm furious I really can't deal with this *****. It comes out of no where even eating dinner I panic and my vision gets wierd and it's pathetic I can't even enjoy life why am I trying to exist
Bookmark and Share

Online cutecat25

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 01:40:23 AM »
I understand,
My vision also feels jittery and unable to focus, almost like my eyes are robotic.
And as you know I also suffer with the dizziness.
I hope you feel better soon,
I'm trying to stay hopeful, but it's really difficult.
Bookmark and Share
Check out my Anxiety And Depression Youtube Channel:

http://youtu.be/yohg_juVlZg

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 01:51:46 AM »
It could be anxiety....

but...it could be...you need your vision checked.
Happened to me a few years ago....turned out it was my vision and needed new glasses for distance/tv as well as reading.

Everything looked so strange. Sometimes it was like Hi Def...other times it would be fuzzy and unfocused.

I'd feel "off balance" because when I looked at the ground, I wasn't seeing it correctly.

So if you wear glasses/contacts, maybe you need your vision checked.

FWIW...when I was on Xanax, it affected my eyes big time. I couldn't focus on anything and was sensitive to light and had to wear sunglasses. Had to get off xanax.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 07:20:24 AM »
Thanks .. It's just getting very frustrating anymore .... I don't wear glasses or contacts I've always had 20/20 vision. Feeling like this everyday is ridiculous and if Xanax is the only thing helping I'm not going to taper anymore because I feel horrific.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 08:26:56 AM »
Do your eyes feel like they are "wobbling" (or shakey) side to side?  I've had that (anxiety) for months.  I'd even tell my husband to look at my eyes and tell me if they are jumpy (he saw nothing).  I'd hate to walk in public because I'd feel the only way to stop that was to open my eyes real wide, look up or side to side -  it seemed to help for 3 seconds or so.  I happened to have an eye doctor appointment in the middle of that and he didn't say anything (I never told him), I figured if my eyes were shaking all over the place that he would have SEEN it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 08:50:03 AM »
Hey Sun thank you. I was just looking up hyperphoria and wondering if that can be it. It does with anxiety kind of but I don't wear glasses. And yes they feel like they are going side to side a lot especially staring at something dead on and I have to like shake my head to get it back to normal. And a lot of times it'll feel like I go into a daze of cross eyes feeling but my eyes aren't crossing and they aren't noticeable shaking or jittery I have asked my brother to look at my eyes. and they don't move. It happens a lot with the lightheaded and dizzy feeling and this has been months. I don't have double vision or blurred vision except sometimes in left eye because I have a Chalazia on lower eye lid for months or longer. I have been getting bursts of panic with it and without as well. Nervous a lot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 10:46:31 AM »
I know exactly how you feel. I'm so sick of feeling dizzy headed and like I'm freaking drunk. I just called the ent office and waiting for them to return my call. I think I have another sinus infection but I'm sick of waking up feeling like *****. My eyes feel kind of jumpy too. I swear this is not anxiety cause my diagnosis was not anxiety. It was chronic sinusitis and allergies but my biggest problem is, I have to take the weakest allergy pill on the market which is Claritin and that really don't help very much. I can't take the strong ones cause I feel so out if it and worse. I give it a few more weeks and if no change I will be getting MRI. It's been 5 months and this is consuming my life. More things need to be ruled out and if this is all sinuses and allergies then something has to be done. I have no insurance which sucks cause I may need to see an allergist. When I feel this way it triggers my anxiety and makes it worse. My ear feels plugged right now.

I don't know what it could be in your case if it's better with Xanax or beer, sounds like anxiety. But if you are that miserable as I am, go see your doctor again to have more tests done. Blood work if you haven't already. Inner ear testing like we discussed. Have more things ruled out, then you can blame it on anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Buddy122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 11:22:16 AM »
I have the same issues with weird focusing, jumpy eyes, extreme dizziness etc. I also have a severe case of visual snow which causes everything I look at to have a haze over it and wobble slightly. Blurred vision and occasional double vision also happen. Every Dr has said this is anxiety relayed although I've convinced myself I have hppd. Anyways, started taking lexapro yesterday so we'll see if it helps anything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 01:30:11 PM »
That thing with my eyes would also coincide with being off balance and all.   And when that would happen I would sit there and try to test it by staring at one little tiny thing and see if I could keep my eyes on it - if felt I had to struggle to keep my eyes straight on it! (they'd feel like they'd drift off slightly and I had to pull back)  It did go away - it lasted months.   It was gone for years and came back again for not even a few hours (because when it happened again I KNEW it was nothing and forgot about it - which proved right there it was nothing physical.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 01:40:39 PM »
This happened to me as well. I thought I was developing glaucoma or something. Had my eyes checked and they were fine, doctor said maybe some reading glasses might help. They do.

But I later learned that this is a symptom of anxiety:

When we are stressed, our eyes dilate to let in more light. But when they stay dilated due to chronic anxiety then it is hard to focus on fine details because a dilated eye is like a wide-opened aperture on a camera; it lets in lots of light but has a shallow depth of field and can't focus as easily. This is especially noticeable when things are close. This also explains why sometimes things appear more clear than usual, because your eyes are more sensitive to light. It can also cause halos, make you occasionally think you see some light out of the corner of your eye.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 02:02:49 PM »
Two great responses thank you it's EXACTLY HOW I feel. But all day not during panic atttacks. Constant anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 02:10:29 PM »
It normally happens for just a short period of time during high stress, but when you have chronic anxiety it seems to get "stuck" that way for quite a while until your body has reset itself to normal again. It will go back to normal again, you just have to be patient and not worry too much about it. Recognizing it for what it is will be an important step in that direction.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: