Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone Ever Pay For Medical Advice Online?  (Read 156 times)

Offline nabila12

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone Ever Pay For Medical Advice Online?
« on: July 01, 2014, 06:58:57 PM »
I did! I totally admit it. I was so scared that I paid good money at three different websites to consult with neurologists online. Two were really helpful. One was located in India and barely spoke English, so that was pretty much a waste of money. One doctor, in particular, however was really good at allaying my fears and I was able to look him up online, see the address of his practice, etc. Still, I can't believe I let my HA get this out of control. Please tell me I am not the only one who has ever gotten this desperate!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone Ever Pay For Medical Advice Online?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 07:04:03 PM »
Actually I'm glad to get some feedback on this, not that I'd ever use one personally..

That one from India sounds sketch. There are a lot of people who are trying to bang out a dollar here and there but it sounds like you've got a good pick.

Did it come with a phone number to where he could contact you directly and maybe some credentials? If you're paying for it you should be entitled to something.. I don't think it's out of the ordinary, Do you feel it has helped you?
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 07:11:21 PM »
I've never paid for advice, but I have been guilty of asking for advice from doctors on a free website. You don't get a lot of words to ask your question, but I've had a lot of great, reassuring answers from there :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »
I've never paid for advice, but I have been guilty of asking for advice from doctors on a free website. You don't get a lot of words to ask your question, but I've had a lot of great, reassuring answers from there :)

what's the site?
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline nabila12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 09:49:46 AM »
Potatoes--I didn't come with a phone number, but it came with the opportunity to ask follow-up questions and had the doctor's full name, board certification information, and the year and university from which he obtained his medical degree. So like I said, I was able to Google him and see that he was a real neurologist working in the United States, even though he was obviously originally from India.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nabila12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 09:52:17 AM »
Leah--I think I know the site that Rap-Talon is talking about. I PMed it to you because I really don't want to appear to be endorsing it publicly, but if it is the site I am thinking of, the word limitation is a pain, but he is right, it is free and the doctors who answer seem pretty competent (most of the time!).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 10:01:21 AM »
I talk to the CDD and even though the reply takes a few days they really know what they are talking about, I also figured out I could talk to the State Department of Health from the state I live in for they know a lot of stuff about the wildlife and are very reasuring.  :yes: they both are free which is another thing I like about them.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Tags: