Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Increasing zoloft  (Read 509 times)

Offline Drielly84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Increasing zoloft
« on: July 01, 2014, 01:29:43 PM »
Saw my psych this am before my first flight
Now awaiting my second
Felt good when I left her office
But began to feel nauseous when I got on the plane
Wasn't able to eat much this morning besides forcing down cereal and I ate half a muffin while waiting for my first flight
The descent made me feel more queesy and I'm hoping I don't get sick during the second flight
My pdoc wants to me up my zoloft so after the appointment I took and extra 12.5 mg which puts me at 62.5 mg
She wants me to get to 75 mg and see how I feel
Anxiety is creeping on and off though not sure if it's from the increase, flying or just the anxiety I have been having lately

Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Increasing zoloft
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »
Good luck, We're in about the same boat.  I'm at 62.5 and wondering about going higher.  I don't see my psych for 10 more days.  Are you taking any benzos at all now?
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 01:58:08 PM »
You can do it. You are doing it. Glad you're increasing your medication. I think that will help you. You'll be in NJ before you know it.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 04:12:39 PM »
Even though I have approval for xanax I don't take it cause I'm 26 weeks pregnant
I feel okay right now so let's see how tonight is
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 04:17:22 PM »
Good going! :big smile: I think because you've already got Zoloft in your system, you shouldn't feel side effects from the 12.5 increase.

When I went on Prozac, I started on 10 mgs..for a few weeks.. I had minimal side effects (increased anxiety)((which was expected so Doc gave me lorazepam). Once I was not getting side effects, I was increased to 20 mgs without a problem  :action-smiley-065:

I'm glad you're feeling okay now. Hold onto that good feeling and smile :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 09:08:24 PM »
Still feeling nauseated but was able to eat some food
Could this be from the increase of the anxiety I've been dealing with the past several days?
Maybe it's still from the plane ride? Ugh I want to feel in control of myself again!
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 09:27:12 PM »
It's probably a combination of anxiety/increased med/pregnancy. I think it will pass. Hopefully you will get a good night's sleep. Youmust be wiped out after your day. IIt'll get better.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 09:32:45 PM »
I'm tired but wired and am starting to worry and feel anxious about sleep :( hope this phase passes soon
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 09:41:30 PM »
When you go to bed try to concentrate on something happy or pleasant or safe, something that makes you feel good. Force yourself to focus on that. Mabey when you and your little boy spend a beautiful day at the playground - something,  anything.  And just fixate on that. That may help you sleep.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 04:26:14 AM »
This is awful
Even after ambien and trazodone I slept 2 hours of deep sleep and and hour of light sleep us two hours and praying to God to please let me sleep again and tossing and turning
How can I not think something is terribly wrong?
I don't know what to do
Had to take a xanax just now.... I have already failed as mom 100 times over and my baby is going to be drugged because I can't rationalize my thoughts or I really can't stop thinking that I have that sporadic fatal insomnia
I just want to sleep continuously for at least 5 hrs and can't
And now sleep meds are not helping much
Is any of this medicine worth it? This is seem to have started when I first started the zoloft
No medicine is ever going to work for me again I don't know what to do anymore
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 08:15:04 AM »
I have seen many posts out here that say when they first started zoloft there was a period of insomnia but that it passed and they're sleeping great now. And you just up'd your dosage so that is probably causing your increased anxiety as well as sleeplessness. Did you have anxiety issues before you became pregnant? What does your doctor say about the different medications you are taking and the baby? I have laid there many a night without a wink of sleep. No doubt it's a vicious cycle,  sleeplessness and anxiety feed one another. All I do is accept my sleeplessness go through my day tired and try to get a better nights sleep the next night,  and quite often I do. Hang in there. I think when the zoloft really starts to take hold (and that could take a little time) you will feel much better and sleep better because your anxiety will be under control.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 08:40:36 AM »
Had to take a xanax just now.... I have already failed as mom 100 times over and my baby is going to be drugged because I can't rationalize my thoughts

You're doing what any good mom would do, whatever it takes to have a healthy baby. If being able to rationalize the thoughts of a wayward mind was easy then there'd be no such thing as psychiatrists and therapist. Anxiety disorders are as much a physical disorder as epilepsy, or a broken leg, and no amount of thought rationalization will overcome them.

I really can't stop thinking that I have that sporadic fatal insomnia

If you do it's taking its time bumping you off! :winking0008: As you know, that is a genetic disease related to Mad Cow Disease and is confined to members of 40 families who are all descendants of a man living in 18th century Venice and the symptoms don't begin until after the age of 40. So you don't have it, just the normal insomnia which plagues just about everyone at some time, in your case exacerbated by Zoloft, anxiety, hormonal fluctuations and currently the stress of traveling/flying and sleeping in a different bed.

This is seem to have started when I first started the zoloft

Weren't you were taking trazodone with the Celexa before you became pregnant?

No medicine is ever going to work for me again I don't know what to do anymore

They will work, but the Zoloft takes time and the sedating meds you're allowed to take are sometimes simply not strong enough to overcome all the things which cause insomnia.

Ordinary garden variety insomnia can be a right pain in the butt, but it won't kill you. Instead of tossing and turning after you awaken, try getting up and doing something, warm some milk and then read a book, knit, watch some awful show on TV, etc. It is better than lying in bed wide awake ruminating about being unable to sleep which just makes it worse.

Ian

Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
Haha yes I was on celexa and trazodone for a long time
I just forgot how tough it can be to start a new med
And miss how well the trazodone used I work for me
I slept on and off from about 6:30 till about 9:45 and I did have some dreams so I guess I did sleep a bit more just wish it was all through the night
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 02:14:01 PM »
So how are you holding up?
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 03:34:14 PM »
I have an app that I used when I had trouble sleeping..it's free :action-smiley-065: and there is a daytime version and night time version - and...it really works.

You need to google " relax and sleep well glenn harrold"

first thing that will come up should be iTunes. Get it and give it a shot.  :yes: I've told my friends about it and they all love it!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: