Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

Tingling in left arm/hand

Offline fmfdoc

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
Tingling in left arm/hand
« on: June 30, 2014, 10:15:14 PM »
Hello all,

Been dealing with tingling sensations in my left arm and hand. My left thumb feels as if there is a pins and needle feeling. I recently moved(4 weeks ago) and started a very stressful job. Not sure if its something to be concerned about or is this stress and anxiety ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashmaster

• Personal text
Re: Tingling in left arm/hand
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 10:30:28 PM »
I had an emg earlier in the month due to tingling/electric shock feeling in my arm and hand and apparently have a pinched nerve in my elbow. I was told to stay off my elbow, no leaning on it at the desk ect.. you might have something simmilar. Its nothing like threatening and anxiety probally just makes it feel worse, or it can be entirely anxiety induced.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Mood: Busy
    Busy
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 10:49:41 PM »
If you lean or sleep on your elbow, arm or shoulder, this could cause the tingling.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline LotusFish

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 11:16:47 PM »
This happens to me occasionally and mine is caused by muscle tension pinching a nerve. Whenever I get a massage, it goes away for a while.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fmfdoc

Stressed
  • Personal text
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 05:57:45 AM »
Thank you all for your responses. its been 4 days now. my left leg gets a bit tingly as well. My thumb is still tingly on my left side too. Ill go get a massage to see if it helps. If not, I will go see my provider
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Personal text
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 06:18:38 AM »
happens to me sometimes too. In nearly every case, its from something harmless. Like twitching eyelids or that random "my left chest is twitching but not my heart and thats obvious but I wish it would stop because seriously." twitching, finding the cause may be impossible. Which is actually the best possible result.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fmfdoc

Stressed
  • Personal text
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 11:12:48 PM »
I seen my PCM. She put me in for a neck xray. She thinks it could be a pinched Ulnar nerve. We shall see!
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 12:46:43 PM »
I am having it on the right sode. Just came back from the chiro and I have a pinched nerve in my wrist and shoulder.
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 02:29:36 PM »
I had tingling in my right arm and hand and the doctor said it's either a pinched nerve at the shoulder or elbow and that the way I was sleeping (with my full arm under the pillow) was the reason for it, and I can say (now starting anxiety medication, first dose today  :happy0151:) that my anxiety exaggerated it and now the tingling in my arm is such a low level that it doesn't at all bother me as for my hand it's tingling but it's because I'm typing. I can say with my left hand tingling for a few years and my right hand just starting that you all should re-evaluate how you are sleeping for a hand or full arm under the pillow and the way the whole arm is situated caused both of my hands to tingle and have a pinched nerve, it just may be the reason for yours... the doctor told me to stop sleeping with my hands and/or arms under the pillow which is really hard since I've been doing this type of sleeping since about the age of 4 if I can remember. Tingling of the fingers/arms/hands is nothing to worry about at all, it's normal... mostly if you sleep like me  :laugh3:.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline fmfdoc

Stressed
  • Personal text
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 11:17:19 AM »
Well everyone, My left arm went numb and I had about enough of the "Wait it out". Its been 7 days since this whole thing been going on. So to be safe rather than sorry, I went.....CT Scan was normal as well as my thryroid lab I had taken 3 days ago. So that marks off Stroke/Thryroid. THey didn't take more labs or anything there. They gave me meds for pain and allergy(JUst in case), but it really didn't do to much. The Doc said to follow up with my PCM on Monday. She said she was a little concerned about my thumb being tingly and numb, and thinks I might need an MRI to check my C6....I probably could mark off anything heart related, but until the check that out, it could be an issue. She said and MRI would detect MS, as a CT Scan couldn't. THey also didn't check my Glucose for diabetes, which my last test about 4 months ago was normal. So as of right now, im not dying which is a good thing.

I was hoping it would have went away by now but its still there.. >:(
Bookmark and Share

Offline fmfdoc

Stressed
  • Personal text
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 01:23:20 PM »
Does anyone have any other suggestions on what I can do to make this go away?
Bookmark and Share