Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Has this ever happened?  (Read 89 times)

Offline Lee1990

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Has this ever happened?
« on: June 30, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
Hey guys I'm new and not sure if I'm posting in the right place but I hope I can get some help. So I'm 23 about to graduate from college and I have had anxiety/panic for maybe 9 years. It been on and off I go long periods of time with no attacks and then I have months with frequent attacks. But today I had something I had never experienced. I was riding in the car on my way to class (riding in cars relaxes me) when I started to feel almost too calm. I started to freak out I felt as if my body was asleep my muscles were extremely relaxed and I my heart rate was normal I didn't feel dizzy I had almost no normal symptoms of panic but I wanted to go to the hospital I thought my body was shutting down. Has any one ever had this or know what it is? Is it normal do have a panic/anxiety attack like this?  Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Has this ever happened?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 05:37:32 AM »
I think you freaked out because you felt normal. Or even better than normal. That would be very common. Odd as it may sound, people with anxiety forget they are allowed to have some good days as well. Take away the anxiety and make them feel too relaxed and they think something must be wrong. Why? Because this is not normal to them. What do they do? They react to feeling this way by setting the mind racing. Instead of thinking ' this is amazing '. They panic. Because they are not used to feeling this good. Anxiety is normal to them. Not complete calmness. Calmness is weird to them. Bit like they go look for things to worry about. Just to get back to how they are used to feeling. I would say to be happy. Accept you will get those calm days. They can happen. Doesn't mean anything is wrong at all.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: