Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: 11 Weeks on Zoloft...  (Read 482 times)

Offline joe2014

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: 11 Weeks on Zoloft...
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 02:28:39 PM »
Hey Comoso - Just wondering what your Sertraline dose is? Maybe it's time to think about an increase?
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 02:39:12 PM »
I'm on 62.5mg.  I think I need to go up too, my psych told me to stay here until next time I see him( 1 week from today).  I've been on 50 for about 8 weeks and 62.5 for 2.  Jeez I want out of this mess...
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 02:53:14 PM »
Ya - from what I've read and people I know most are on 75-100mg to maintain. Some probably are on lower doses and doing well but I don't think most.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 07:36:46 PM »
what I meant to say is most are on 75 to 100 mg minimum to maintain.

Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline dannysmiles19

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 09:46:26 PM »
I always post about myself, ask insights lol. So I want to give back to this community. I have to say, however, that going on forums is not always the best idea long term because people could discourage you from things that could actually help. Many people go through mental illness and distress, so going on this site is good if you use it the right way. My doctor said the danger of online forums is the inaccurate information and some negativity.

You are not alone, it's hard having anxiety episodes and depression etc. I wasn't diagnosed with bipolar until the past few months or so and let met tell you, it's amazing when a correct diagnosis comes into your life because treatment can help significantly more. I think you should attend therapy and make sure your medication is addressing symptoms enough. Medication is a gift that modern medicine has given the mentally ill, but I have learned a lot since bipolar has gotten out of control for me and it's this: medication is excellent and gives lives back, but therapy is a very important and increasingly neglected part of treatment. And try to master coping skills to a point where you can use them in times of distress.

I am dying to be happy, I am grappling with bipolar. It's a severe affliction because there's two poles and everything between them is a part of my life. I am trying to get stable and  happy but it's SO hard. You have to keep going and trudge through the storm... I have been battling since I graduated high school and it has been very hard. The anti depressants altered my brain chemistry and I don't know if it's a good part in my treatment, but that's what this is all about, finding the drugs that let you live a happy, healthy, prosperous life. Good luck to you, now onto the next anxietyzone member. lol reply if you care to.
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 11:10:52 PM »
Thanks, I've actually been in weekly therapy since October so it's helping.  I was upped to 75mg as I expected on Wenesday.  I've now been on them 13 weeks.  I have good and bad days, hopefully no more as bad as the day I wrote about in the beginning of this thread.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: