Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: still fearing rabies no matter how rare  (Read 588 times)

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
Re: still fearing rabies no matter how rare
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 11:40:51 AM »
The arm tingling went away but I still have the mysterious bumps near my elbow, I'm going to the doctors to just rule out that it is carpel tunnel pr a pinched nerve for the way it started in my other hand was just the finger tipsfeeling weird but now with my right hand my whole palm feels heat flashy and as for my whole arm going tingly for quite a few hours without any compression from my head is bizzare and not my anxiety for I was sleeping happily but at 4AM it woke me up and my anxiety made me shaky so badly. I then stayed up to be on Anxietyzone for three hours until my grandpa got up and I felt comfortable to sleep. As for my arm it still tingles at the bumps... Anyways I think being there will help with more like my no appetite thing from my anxiety or just life in general.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing fine, it's all trial and error...

Offline albert

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 11:54:46 AM »
If you think it's rabies there has to be a bite mark on your arm hand or anywhere else in your body.  Do you see a bite mark?  Have you seen a bite mark before?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 12:07:48 PM »
Albert to tell you the truth I think everything is bite marks  :laugh3: for all I know what I think is bite marks might just be small pimples (I have them on both arms) but the close proximity makes me think it's a bite and to tell you the truth a lot of people don't see the bat bites they receive, getting a bite on my hand would be more likely since I was wearing a poncho and another layer... In other words I would have felt it crawling up my arm if it wanted to bite my arm. :sprachlos020: I heard the bite of a bat is not much more pain than a misquito bite so anything is possible at this point but my dad calls this all " crap" when he hasn't been doing ANY research about bats and their behaivor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline albert

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 12:16:01 PM »
Do you live near bats, I don't know if you mentioned this before.  And where you sleeping in-doors, or maybe your window was opened? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
I live on an island and I used to live inthe southern rural part and that had all sorts of critters :). But then in about February I moved to the center of town near uptown where all the stores are, I have a humane trap and usually catch so much like land mice and such (like raccoons) they arn't around. I didn't see any bats or anything when I would come home late the only thing that likes to get near me are very territorial ground dwelling birds that live near by. But even with the "I didn't see bats" part there are trees nearby, not a full forest, but enough fir a few critters to make a home in. I was outside in a poncho, another layer (sweater), pants, shoes, and I put something on my waist and ankles to keep more warm... My hoodie of my poncho was on so that nothing would land on my face, my hands were the only things uncovered but my poncho sleeves are long so they were lets say half covered and I kept them under my head all of the time... people on here siad they wouldn't be flying of rabid or that they would be making noise but I really don't know what's true anymore except that I'm a heavy sleeper.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline albert

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 12:59:43 PM »
Did you try researching if there are any types of bats that are native to that island?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 01:15:23 PM »
There are many of them basically all the ones that are native to the state becausesome of them pass by throught the island on their route and also I heard that "less than 1/2 of 1% of bats contract rabies" from a bat book.  Have contacted the CDC, My states Department of Health, the CDC said to go to the state department but my window for the vaccine is already expired  :traurig001:. as for the state Department they still haven't awnsered, they have just forwarded it to a vetrinarian who knows about bats. I got diagnosed with something viral on the 17th, on about the first week or weekend of June I was outside, Since last week I have had trouble sleeping I can usually stay up for 14 hours but now I have trouble sleeping... The time change isn't that much only an hour. My dad thought the viral think was a cold but I still have swollen tonsils... It's not from my allergies since I am allergic to a type of tree and they arn't here, they're a very common ordamental on the island.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 02:04:19 PM »
I REALLY don't think you have rabies.

You don't even know if you were bitten—that is the A-1 thing you would need to be absolutely sure of, and as far as you know, it has not happened.

I know telling you this isn't going to make a difference, but just keep trying to tell yourself that this fear is IRRATIONAL. If you had rabies, you would deteriorate very quickly. You're still posting to this web board, so chances are, you're fine aside from your anxiety. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but your mind is playing tricks on you.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 02:27:18 PM »
Vardnas I'm going to the doctor's later today to see if it's another deteriorating hand with carpel tun el or a pinched nerve, I'm paying 90% of the bill with what they said it costed... As for why I woke up with my whole arm tingling was extremely weird and also it still tingles (my arm) but mot as much... i'm going to see if the doctor can tell me if that is the path of the nerve. as for tingling my pointer finger is tingling and near where I wear the watch on my wrist. I'm going to see if the tingling on the back of the fingers, the weird raised things, my throat, and my hand discomfort (heat flashing) in general is normal or if it is really the end of me and my life that isn't that far along. if this is carpel tunnel like my other hand than this is some really f**ked up way for it to show its symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: