Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: still fearing rabies no matter how rare  (Read 328 times)

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
still fearing rabies no matter how rare
« on: June 30, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »
I am still fearing rabies for my hand has had a weird heat flash feeling and it hasn't gone away, my feet had it a week ago or something like that and now my hand has it and having Carpel Tunnel in my left hand i can say that this isn't the start of it, I in general feel weird like any second can be my last and it really bothers me a lot for I really want to enjoy my day but my hand has made it harder for me. I had a post earlier about this and it will explain what i believe to be my "exposure"... Just search it "Smalm bat rabies" first one listed, I don't feel like typing it.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline totallyphobic

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: still fearing rabies no matter how rare
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 05:19:14 PM »
Smalm I think you should call the health department and tell them your symptoms naybe they can help you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 05:32:24 PM »
totallyphobic do you think this is rabies? for many people have said "No it isn't rabies, it's just your anxiety." But to have my hand(s) feel weird like they're having heat flashes is making my anxiety unbelievably high... I talked to the CDC but they said that they couldn't find anything on their database to answer my question if I'm at risk and if bats bite people that are lying down, they said to contact my local health department, but you see if this is the start (or not) the window for the vaccine is over. I will either die or later laugh at the twisted ways my anxiety plays with my head.  :traurig001: I am really scared and for the fact that everybody I've talked to on here said that there is not even a slight chance is comforting but I'm still so scared that soon I will die of this disease. I do not know how to go on anymore without my anxiety messing with me eac and every minute of each and every day, I am scared believe me, I am scared that this is my last and final goodbye.  :traurig001: :traurig001: :traurig001: :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 07:26:22 PM »
I am really scared somebody please answer!  :traurig001:  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 07:38:48 PM »
I can promise you that you will end up laughing at the twisted ways your anxiety makes you think. You are perfectly fine. Perfectly.

Remind yourself: This is ANXIETY talking. Talk back to it....curse it, scream into a pillow, but do not for a minute believe what anxiety is telling you.

Anxiety is a LIAR...a manipulator....a master at making us believe the worst! Of course, it has a relative named OCD who can really get things going when the two hang out together.

Try not to listen to Anxiety or OCD or obsessive thoughts.

I've had countless rashes in the early anxiety years. Rashes that made no sense. Numbness of both arms. I would drop things because suddenly I couldn't feel my hands holding things.

It's the change in the blood chemicals when we have anxiety. Trust in the people here. We've all be in the same boat and continue to paddle furiously until we can just hang out in the canoe and enjoy the surrounding! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 12:52:49 AM »
Redapples my hand has been having heat flashes and out of fear I called my dad almost crying and he asked me a few questions and what he drew from it was that it was carpel tunnel of that hand... Makes sence for my other hand has it (and has for a few years) or a pinched nerve or something  ::). I took an Ibprofen and it didn't do a thing, what I don't get is that if it's carpel tunnel why my whole hand would be heat flashing, I am hopeful that it's a carpel tunnel thing for I'm typing and my pointer finger of that hand is now tingling. Thanks for being here, I literally was so scared that it was rabies that I wrote a "death wish" letter with how I would like to be cremated and stuff... When my hands were under water they felt the same but my thumb throbbing on my hand of question was more of the thumb, which makes sense. Thank you so much for sticking with me through this fear to just figure out that it's what I already have but on the other hand   :yes:. I think that this is the diagnosis, actually I know this is for I'm typing with my middle finger and now it's tingling, because my right hand is relatively new to carpel tunnel it's a weaker tingling of the fingers but trust me when I get back into high school in the fall then all the typing assignments will catch up with my fingers :D . I think all the typing of my fear made me have this hand condition  :laugh3:. As I said thank you for I think that this is carpel tunnel... My only question would be why is my hand heat flashing? Is that just part of the carpel tunnel?
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 01:44:48 AM »
You're welcome.

Carpal tunnel can cause a myriad of symptoms. they can differ from hand to hand! They can radiate up into the elbow.

It's all the median nerve that is affected. It can certainly affect one or all fingers, or no fingers. It can cause burning, pain, numbness, heaviness, itchiness, hotness, cold, etc.

I know a lot of people with carpal tunnel ... it's different for each of them.

Again, I promise you, you do not have rabies  :happy0151:

Now, you need to be good to yourself....and tell yourself not to worry. You are okay !!! Try not to obsess about the feelings ....and perhaps visit a doctor who specializes in carpal tunnel. They can give you a brace to wear that will keep your hand in position so it isn't so painful. Also, typing away at the computer doesn't help!

If you have SIRI you can dictate your postings so you won't have to type.

It seems that with all the typing/texting people do, carpal tunnel is more prevalent- so many people have it. It is caused by repetitive motion.
 :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 06:47:08 AM »
I woke up to weird tingling on the side of my wrist, if it were down on a table then it would be a straight line from my thumb and would be about at my wrist or a little past it. I fear this is rabies for there is a weird not so carpel tunnel like tingling at my wrist and to make things worse I have two raised bumps on that arm and if you move them to a certain angle they have puncture wounds, this is really the end from rabies.., sorry but my symptoms are pointing that way.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 07:41:15 AM »
The tingling is getting worse, about from my elbow to my wrist and everywhere in between including the (bat bite) bumps, as to how this happened I'm a heavy sleeper as to how a bat can bite me, they are where I live. Death from rabies isn't pretty but people should have listened to me when I said my hand heat flashing wasn't normal, I just knew it was rabies this time and with real symptoms I can say that my window of time for the vaccine is over. my aunt wants to think it's carpel tunnel, why is nobody believing me?!
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 11:02:25 AM »
I understand your fear and anxiety...

However, (and this is only my opinion,) it seems that you are caught up in the irrational thinking- you've managed to convince yourself that this is rabies.

Remember: anxiety is a LIAR. a Manipulator. a Trickster.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 11:40:51 AM »
The arm tingling went away but I still have the mysterious bumps near my elbow, I'm going to the doctors to just rule out that it is carpel tunnel pr a pinched nerve for the way it started in my other hand was just the finger tipsfeeling weird but now with my right hand my whole palm feels heat flashy and as for my whole arm going tingly for quite a few hours without any compression from my head is bizzare and not my anxiety for I was sleeping happily but at 4AM it woke me up and my anxiety made me shaky so badly. I then stayed up to be on Anxietyzone for three hours until my grandpa got up and I felt comfortable to sleep. As for my arm it still tingles at the bumps... Anyways I think being there will help with more like my no appetite thing from my anxiety or just life in general.
Bookmark and Share

Offline albert

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 11:54:46 AM »
If you think it's rabies there has to be a bite mark on your arm hand or anywhere else in your body.  Do you see a bite mark?  Have you seen a bite mark before?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 12:07:48 PM »
Albert to tell you the truth I think everything is bite marks  :laugh3: for all I know what I think is bite marks might just be small pimples (I have them on both arms) but the close proximity makes me think it's a bite and to tell you the truth a lot of people don't see the bat bites they receive, getting a bite on my hand would be more likely since I was wearing a poncho and another layer... In other words I would have felt it crawling up my arm if it wanted to bite my arm. :sprachlos020: I heard the bite of a bat is not much more pain than a misquito bite so anything is possible at this point but my dad calls this all " crap" when he hasn't been doing ANY research about bats and their behaivor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline albert

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 12:16:01 PM »
Do you live near bats, I don't know if you mentioned this before.  And where you sleeping in-doors, or maybe your window was opened? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
I live on an island and I used to live inthe southern rural part and that had all sorts of critters :). But then in about February I moved to the center of town near uptown where all the stores are, I have a humane trap and usually catch so much like land mice and such (like raccoons) they arn't around. I didn't see any bats or anything when I would come home late the only thing that likes to get near me are very territorial ground dwelling birds that live near by. But even with the "I didn't see bats" part there are trees nearby, not a full forest, but enough fir a few critters to make a home in. I was outside in a poncho, another layer (sweater), pants, shoes, and I put something on my waist and ankles to keep more warm... My hoodie of my poncho was on so that nothing would land on my face, my hands were the only things uncovered but my poncho sleeves are long so they were lets say half covered and I kept them under my head all of the time... people on here siad they wouldn't be flying of rabid or that they would be making noise but I really don't know what's true anymore except that I'm a heavy sleeper.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: