Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I am terrified of Pancreatic Cancer, please help!!  (Read 307 times)

Offline albert

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am terrified of Pancreatic Cancer, please help!!
« on: June 30, 2014, 10:50:03 AM »
Hello, I haven't posted in a while.  Up until about 2 weeks ago my hypochondria was pretty much in check, it's only until I started with this symptom that everything went down hill.  My doctor doesn't seem to care and says that it is unlikely but has been pretty rude.  I don't understand I've tried my best to not call everyday, I've only called to ask him to refill my Xanax, which hadn't been filled for about a year, and my blood work.  I'll start from the beginning of this:

About two weeks ago I came to work on Friday excited about the weekend, it was my birthday weekend and had plans to go to dinner with family and friends.  I went through my morning routine here at work by going to the bathroom, typically I don't look down when I finish my business but this morning for some reason I did.  I was surprised to see that my bowel movement was completely white.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I had never even heard you could have white bowel movements.  After I went to the bathroom my curiosity got the best of me, I googled the white bowel movement and what stood out was pancreatic cancer.  After that time it hasn't happened again but because of my anxiety I went to the doctor to get checked, it was the following Wednesday when I went to see my GP.  The doctor told me it wasn't anything to worry about because I had no other symptoms and the occurrence was only once.  He ran some blood work and told me it would take a week to get the results.  He would also be ordering a CT scan to be safe.  He advised that the insurance company takes a week to accept or deny and that I would be having a letter to confirm.

After that I started having loose yellow stools, my anxiety reached a max and since I suffer from GERD my stomach began to hurt.  I actually made the mistake to start drinking again during the day to calm my anxiety.  But It only made my stomach worse.  I hope that's why my stools have been yellow and loose.  I only have eaten about once a day and are loosing weight pretty fast.  Again the yellow acidic stool only confirmed my pancreatic cancer diagnosis.

Well a week went by and I called to check on the blood work, the nurse told me that the results were in and that I had high cholesterol and triglycerides.   I asked her about my liver and she said "oh yeah that too, your liver showed abnormalities."  I started to freak out because I had read a guy who had pancreatic cancer showed high liver enzymes in his blood work and no other symptoms.  I missed work 2 days, finally Friday I called back and asked the nurse if she could ask the doctor to refill my Xanax because I couldn't sleep at night.  She called me back saying that the doctor was going to refer me to a neurologist because I might have a condition.  I was very shocked and confused because I have known this doctor for many years and never had he made me feel like this before.  I am very confused at what's going on, all I wanted was relief at night to be able to sleep so I can function the next day.  I have an appointment with him tomorrow to discuss the blood work, does this sound like pancreatic cancer?  Should I discuss how I feel about how I was treated?  Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Albert
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I am terrified of Pancreatic Cancer, please help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:05:17 PM »
It doesn't seem like pancreatic cancer from what i know about it. My mother in law has it and her first symptom was she wasn't able to eat much. And she said she felt like she had cement and rocks in her stomach. It was a very alarming symptom something she never felt before.

Many years ago I had one instance of whitish/light greysh stools.... It was very weird but I didn't think much about it since it didn't occur again. That was probably 10 years ago and I am alive and kicking!

About the liver enzymes, I had it high once.... They repeated the test 2 weeks later and it was all normal. Even taking pain killers can increase your liver enzymes.

Good luck, I am thinking of you, but please know, it can be just benign things causing your symptoms... keep us posted! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline albert

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »
Thank you so much for the info, yeah my doctor wasn't concerned at all about the symptom.  Actually I called the clinic and told the receptionist that I couldn't make it in the am because we are super busy here at work.  She said to come in this afternoon.  I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow or even in the afternoon.  Thank you so much for your time!!! ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 02:22:40 PM »
Thank you so much for the info, yeah my doctor wasn't concerned at all about the symptom.  Actually I called the clinic and told the receptionist that I couldn't make it in the am because we are super busy here at work.  She said to come in this afternoon.  I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow or even in the afternoon.  Thank you so much for your time!!! ;D

YES PLEASE keep me posted. Good luck  :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 09:05:13 PM »
Did you take any ppi's, zantac, or baking soda?

Also the enzymes could be from anything like exercise

I hope all is well
Bookmark and Share

Offline albert

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 09:11:15 AM »
Thank you guys for the suggestions and support, so I went to see my doctor yesterday to go over blood test results.  So before anything I didn't mention I had blood tests in January, well when those tests where in the doctor only told me that the cholesterol and triglycerides where high.  He hadn't mentioned to me that at that time my liver enzymes where high, both the ALT's.  I forget their full name, sorry...well when we went over the results he was very pleased to tell me that my cholesterol and triglycerides where down and that my liver enzymes, one was back to normal, and the other was close to being normal.  He showed me the numbers, one used to be at 63 now down to 49.  The other was 54 and is now in the normal range!!!!  He said that this was good and said that since I lost weight and cleaned up my diet this was the cause for the high enzymes.  NO CANCER!!!!  We are doing a CT scan because I do suffer from GERD.  But the GERD doesn't really bother me.  Thank you guys so much for the support and suggestions, I am also going to see a psychologist to help me out...Again thank you guys now I can enjoy the 3 day weekend!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: