Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: frequent horrible pain in bridge of nose, not normal sinus congestion  (Read 275 times)

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i've had this going on for months now. some days it's better, most days it's awful. it's this horrible, deep aching in the bridge of my nose that seems to come out of nowhere. the inside of my nose is very dry and this white, gummy gunk comes out of it. i use a saline spray for my nose but it's dry and aching again within minutes. i have frequent headaches behind my eyes to the point where it hurts to look from side to side. this intense nose pain and pressure makes me want to claw my nose off of my face, that's how pervasive and constant it is.

i feel like i'm progressively getting worse. it feels like having a migraine every single day. my eyes are always sensitive to light and movement which is made even worse when i'm driving. there's a feeling of something pushing from behind both eyes and it makes it near impossible to concentrate; the only thing i can compare it to is intense eye strain every day. it's like my eyes feel jittery and unfocused and so heavy, and it starts the MOMENT i wake up.

on top of all this, i get frequent vertigo/lightheaded spells that seem to come directly from behind my eyes. if i'm looking at a screen, suddenly i'll get this whooshing sort of dizziness behind my eyes and it's terrifying.

considering my biggest fear is a brain tumor, things are looking really grim and i'm just not coping well at all. my mom tells me it's just my sinuses/allergies with tension but i feel so awful i can't just chalk it up to that.

m last sinus catscan was two years ago, which worries me a lot because i'm afraid i've grown a tumor over that time. i just recently had an eye exam a few months ago which was perfectly clear, along with blood work which was also clear. i'm just not understanding what's going on and why i feel so crappy every day anymore.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
I honestly think you have a major league sinus infection of epic proportions and perhaps an ear infection, too.

Recently .... I found out my sinuses were so infected (and I didn't have any pain/pressure/congestion - my only symptoms were I had no appetite, fog head and anxiety.

Turned out to be a sinus infection that was so bad, I had a double ear infection, too. (again, no pain. I do have a high tolerance so it's got to be brutal for me to feel pain).

I felt fogged out, no appetite, couldn't focus or think straight.

Went on Amoxicillin. Within 9 hours, appetite returned, .....within a few days, the foggy off feeling lifted, I could focus.

Sinus infections can be dry, and that's what mine was. It sounds like yours is, too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i've had a crappy appetite lately too, and my anxiety has pretty much been through the roof. every time i think "sinus infection" i think of the typical stuffy nose, nasty green snot, coughing, fever, etc etc, and i have none of those either.

is it possible for a sinus infection like this to last for months at a time? i've been having general sinus issues for my whole life but for the past year they've been extra bad and i'm wondering if it's because of my anxiety possibly making them worse. my head is so full of pressure as i type this, it feels like a balloon is inflating inside my head.

i really hope you're right that this is just a sinus thing...i can handle that, it's the uncertainty of what my symptoms are that make me so panicky. i could have the exact same symptoms and KNOW where they're coming form and not be anxious at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
OMG.  I went thru this very same issue last fall / winter.

It turns out that is was a very severe sinus infection.  3 different courses of antibiotics over 3 1/2 months and it FINALLY went away.  It was REALLY tough.  Much more severe than any sinus infection I have ever had.  Every time it seemed to be getting better, it would flair right back up.

So, yes, a sinus infection like that CAN last for months at a time.  I really sucks, but I just went thru it.  I never thought I'd feel better again.

It caused a LOT OF anxiety, most of which I am still dealing with now, but the pain (and it was horrible pain) at the top of my nose and between my eyes is all gone away now.

Good luck to you, and I hope it gets better soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
thank you for replying, i was digging this post up again because i'm feeling so crappy tonight. i'm having random head pains and so much neck tension (which i'm sure is what's causing my headache but i'm scared anyway)

i got so worked up i started crying and my nose started running A LOT so i'm hoping that it's still just my sinuses acting up making me feel like this. the neck tension is really freaking me out though, and i've had weird jittery eyes all day and still the nose pain going on...
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
I'm sorry I missed your other reply. So you did have a bad appetite, too?

Maybe you should get back to your Doctor and get a round of antibiotics....to clear things up.

Mine was so bad it went to my ears....but oddly, I didn't have any pain or symptoms, except for the loss of appetite, which really had me scratching my head.

The neck tension could definitely be your anxiety, as could the jittery eyes.

But, if you have a lot of sinus pressure, it can affect your eyes, too....even if you don't feel pressure.

I say this because I get horrific sinus infections: But don't feel pain or pressure...it's only when I lose my appetite that I realize that something is up.

Like richdelb said, sometimes these things can take a while to clear up.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: