Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Newbie (lurker!) hard to believe anyone else feels this crazy  (Read 173 times)

Offline Poppypet

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi

New to this forum but an old timer with anxiety... :)

I just wondered if anybody else feels sometimes so sure that their mind has broken - so unsure of who they are - so scared that they are crazy, and this be just anxiety.

Hard to comprehend that other people actually feel this way too, always feels like such a lonely place to be  :(
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Newbie (lurker!) hard to believe anyone else feels this crazy
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 04:47:50 PM »
Hi Poppy, and welcome to Anxiety Zone...  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Oh yes, Poppy, I have been there more than once.  Some 8-10 months ago, I thought it was going to be the end of me.  I was sure my mind was broke, felt that I was going crazy, but I wasn't, as these are classic characteristics of anxiety disorder.  You will find that a vast majority of members on this site have either been, or are currently in that boat.

It was a lonely place to be, lonely as in past tense, as for me, finding Anxiety Zone really helped to turn my life around.  I found members here on the site, that shared their experience, strength, and hope with me.  And I am honored today, to call a number of these members my friend, and lifelong friends too.

It's good to have you here as a member.  The very best to you, Poppy!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 05:50:03 PM »
Yes, Chuck is right, many of us have felt the same way you are feeling, so don't feel so alone!  And it is possible to feel better, although anxiety feels like a hopeless place to be at times, so don't give up on calm days ahead  :yes:

And Thank You so much Chuck for being a wonderful friend to me!  You poor man!  You have listened to many of my rants and ramblings, and always responded with the best patience and advice!  Anxiety Zone is a good place!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline ThomasForces

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 07:24:37 PM »
Greetings poppy,

I'd like to weigh in.

Like chuck said,  I am currently in the same boat.
Recently I have been experiencing derealization, depersonalization,hypervigilance and so on.

I made the huge mistake of researching these symptoms and digging unecessary holes for myself.
Anxiety's foundation is worry and irrational thoughts. By feeding it you in return receive terrible lash back from such things.
I made the mistake of looking into psychosis.
Wow, what a mistake.
My mind is all based on worry basically on the look out for those symptoms and it's horrible.  It can be overwhelming. But I've be assured by my psychiatrist it's anxiety.

Everyday is almost a new adventure for me. It's hard but it's do-able.
At times it's like you said poppy it can be hard to believe that this stems from anxiety.

But think of this,  think of a time where you remember feeling just like good old you and now.
What's the difference between then and now besides anxiety. There are 0 cases in anxiety where someone can go nuts. But when we feed the monster,  it contines to grow and also increases it's influence in our lives.

I have realized these things and I personally still struggled how anxiety can do all this.
But it takes time and strategies and help. Which you have at your disposal.

Best of luck to you poppy, we can do this one step at a time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Poppypet

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 07:36:10 AM »
Thank you - part of this is all about needing to know we are not alone. It's nice to be able to reach out. I've had health anxiety, panic, ocd - the whole spectrum of this cr@p. Have been in psychotherapy for what feels like forever. Currently going through some tough stuff. Anybody else around here in long term therapy? Would love to chat to others going through the process.
Poppy x
Bookmark and Share

Tags: