Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Vitamins and mineral defenciecies. And dangerous drugs.  (Read 93 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Vitamins and mineral defenciecies. And dangerous drugs.
« on: June 29, 2014, 10:54:48 AM »
I was just watching an interesting video on YouTube about a guy with anxiety disorder who tallied about how most people with anxiety, panic disorders are linked to have vitamin and mineral defiencies. I always thought this showed up in blood work but it doesn't. It takes a hair analysis to show that. I hear that magnesium and all the vitamin b vitamins are really great at treating anxiety and can actually be a cure. Not saying it takes away out negative thoughts but it can make our brains feel normal again. This guy has recovered greatly by doing it all natural. He posted a video on how the drugs that doctors prescribe patients are not safe. I'm only on Xanax. I will never get on an ssri cause I'm simply afraid of the side effects. And all they are is a bandaid anyway. I know some of you hear might be on them and may feel better and that's good. Some people feel better, some feel worse, some feel no change at all.

I think I'm gonna start taking magnesium again and more vitamin b vitamins as well. I bet we would all be surprised what vitamin defiencies we could have that's playing a role in our anxiety issues.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Worrier1978

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vitamins and mineral defenciecies. And dangerous drugs.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 11:52:50 AM »
I think it's definitely worth looking at vitamin & mineral deficiencies. It's definitely something I want to bring up at my next doctor appointment. I tried taking a magnesium supplement not long ago & ended up having a reaction to it (tingly lips & tongue). I spoke with a doctor on call & she said it was a possible side effect & that I shouldn't take it. So I'm guessing that maybe I'm not deficient in magnesium then?! I'm a long-time vegetarian, so I take a multi-vitamin specifically for vegetarians/vegans, which have extra B vitamins, so I think I should be covered there, but without a test, who knows? Right now I'm just taking that & 1,000 Vitamin D3 per my OBGYN.

After doing some research on natural remedies for seasonal allergies, I'm considering adding some things to my diet, either with a supplement or through food. One is apple cider vinegar, which people swear help with a million different things, including allergies. I already have some (& even the kind everyone recommends -- Bragg's), so I'm adding some to water & drinking it. I've only done it twice so far in the last couple of days, but it definitely seems to give me a boost. Maybe that's just from all the shuddering I do when I drink it, lol! Another thing I'm considering is taking a probiotic. I know eating certain yogurts is supposed to be good, too, but I'm not a big yogurt fan. Also, Omega-3s, which for me would be flax oil because the alternative is fish oil.

In theory, our diets should give us all the vitamins & minerals we need, but that's not always the case. I know I could eat better at times. Honestly, if I get my crap together & do a garden one of these years, that would definitely help! Where I live is fairly rural & at the moment my husband & I have been sharing a vehicle, so getting out can be tricky. With 2 little ones, the fresh fruit goes fast! To keep us eating stuff like that, I need to get to the store more than once a week. But I'm hoping we'll FINALLY be getting a second vehicle within the next month if all goes well. I can't wait -- it's been 3 years with one vehicle. Not easy where I live, let me tell you!!! Not having a way to escape at times has definitely not helped my anxiety issues!  :spineyes:

Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vitamins and mineral defenciecies. And dangerous drugs.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 12:09:55 PM »
I would love to have my body checked for vitamin defeciences. I bet I would be surprised. I try to eat well but me and mom just can't eat all organic food. It's too expensive. I am bad about not drinking enough water and I'm a smoker. Working on quitting though. Just trying to get my sinuses and allergies better since that's the trigger to my anxiety. I feel that I just got to do better wealth wise so I can kick this anxiety to the curb once and for all.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: