Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What to expect from my first visit to the doctor?  (Read 100 times)

Offline Ritchie

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What to expect from my first visit to the doctor?
« on: June 29, 2014, 02:56:01 AM »
I have had anxiety for 2 years now and the last 3 weeks I have had a constant headache and dizziness so I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow. This will be the first time I have seen a doctor about my anxiety and the symptoms I've had for last few weeks, what should I expect?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: What to expect from my first visit to the doctor?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 05:44:10 AM »
I wouldn't really say to expect much from the doctor at all. The doctor is not a therapist. He may want to do a few blood tests. They are easy. If you don't mind needles. Takes about three days for the results to come back. They simply want to rule other things out. So they can say it is anxiety. We have all been there. You may be given something to try by way of medication. Low dose to begin with. To see if it makes any difference at all to how you feel. It will be all basic. Pulse checking. Weight checking. Heart checking. Normal stuff. You will breeze through it. Nothing hurts at all. Now the doctor may suggest a therapist. But let us wait and see and then we can talk about that later on. But try and not worry. It is all basic and simple.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: