Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety/sleepmeds  (Read 111 times)

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety/sleepmeds
« on: June 28, 2014, 11:05:24 PM »
Just curious how popular meds are here?  Taking meds can lead over time to extra anxiety and anxiety symptons-also similar with sleep meds.  Any feedback would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety/sleepmeds
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 04:18:31 PM »
fairly common in general, on anxietyzone. I don't know how many on the hypochondria forum in particular. There are still a sizeable percentage of people though that are treating their anxiety without meds. Either from exercise, therapy, herbals or supplements, spiritual means, or some combination thereof. and I believe most who are using meds aren't using them alone but in conjunction with some of the previously mentioned treatments.

Exercise and cognitive behavioral therapy in particular can be very effective treatments. I'm also very pro-fish oil supplements. they are good anyway for mental functioning, regardless of whether or not someone has a mental illness. They're also good for cardiovascular health so there is a nice bonus  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety/sleepmeds
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 05:46:17 PM »
I haven't heard that meds lead to additional anxiety over time.

I can only speak for myself, of course. Some people experience heightened anxiety during the first 2 or so weeks on them, then it declines. It didn't do this for me. I had some headache, dizziness type symptoms for the first couple weeks, then it started to work on my anxiety. Meds were a huge help to me, and like AncientMelody said, I used them in combination with CBT.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Tags: