Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: People to relate?  (Read 171 times)

Offline Jtm0590

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
People to relate?
« on: June 28, 2014, 08:24:19 PM »
Hello, my name is Joseph.  I am looking to chat with others that have actually experienced some of the things I have felt.  I was diagnosed with PTSD over two years ago.  It was brought on by an abusive childhood with the main contributor of my condition being my stepfather.

People always say they understand but the ones that have never experienced horrifying nightmares or heard a sound that made them experience a horrific event in their life cannot possibly understand this right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: People to relate?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 05:39:29 AM »
People have to go through things in order to fully understand it. I know we have members who were abused growing up. Have read a few of their posts in the past. More just a case of how much they want to talk about their past. I am sure you well understand that side of things. Some can be very open about things. Others tend to hold back a lot more. As it still hurts them to remember. I not sure if you looked into therapy at all? EMDR  therapy. Think that is the name of it. Is aimed towards victims of sexual abuse and other deep rooted conditions. Might be worth checking out. Other than that, I hope others do answer your post here. I have no been through what you have. Won't even pretend to know what it is like. Just have read posts in the past. We try and encourage people to write as much as possible.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: