Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Please tell me if this is anxiety  (Read 180 times)

Offline ThomasForces

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please tell me if this is anxiety
« on: June 28, 2014, 07:33:37 PM »
Greetinga all.

I am 22 years old, male.
I have been dealing with GAD for 4 1/2 years.

What I came here to ask is very important and I want to know what everyone else has to say.

I haven't been on meds for 4 months felt good. Just a little over two weeks ago I came back to anxiety attacks/panic attacks.

For the first week or so it was all the classic symptoms, palpations, worry, diharea, irrational thoughts.
For the past 4 days I've been experiencing something I have never before.
I feel like I'm different, everything looks wierd/fake/not normal. I don't feel like I'm in realithe but I can still tell what's wrongoing and right and do things like I normally could.
I can see like EVERYTHING, I mean like everything is in high definition and if something moves I am like the first to look and see what it is.
I don't feel like myself, purely obsessive thoughts, never suicidal never harming either. Just what is and I constantly have to research what I feel.
Sometimes I don't feel real,my hearing and vision are almost like super heightened. I usual wake up in the morning feeling not like myself.
I haven't had a normal bowel movement in 2 weeks either constanted or runs.

It also kinda feels like my thoughts feels different too. What bothers me most is theasy visuals and I'm afraid their like hallucinations. It's almost likevery I can pick up on everything if I see floaters or dots I look to them right away and it's like my brain is wanting to be like "LOOK SEE YOU ARE CRAZY"

I can't seem to break these things either. Seems like perceptions about everything are messed up. They seem to be slightly worse at times than others.

Someone please give me some insight or relevent stories.
I feel nuts and I feel like this is something more serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline braves0042

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please tell me if this is anxiety
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 08:35:41 PM »
I could have written this myself lol. I am going through the same exact thing, it was like out of nowhere i was a completely different person. It can be a scary feeling and i have been to a good amount of doctors about it and they all say it is anxiety doing it. I did and still do the whole constant searching thing. I really haven't put my finger on how it all happened or why it did but for re-assurance i want you to know i am going through the same thing. I sometimes think i am going crazy and get weird feelings and thoughts that i never had. I have been told it is all linked to underlying anxiety or depression.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ThomasForces

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 09:08:47 PM »
Thank god.

It's absolutely terrifying. I literally get so caught up in it that it's not uncommon for me to sit there and not talk for like 3 hours. It's like my mind traps me in the hell circle of thoughts and visuals.

Today for instance was pretty bad,  I have noticed I also have a really short fuse and any sudden small noise makes me jump and look.
I usually tend to feel a little better at night. But sometimes not.
Since it gets bad I almost have to wait till I am so tired I lay down and pass out so I don have to deal with the feelings.
These things I've described just now and in the post before are accompanied by physical feelings too.  Very heavy headed/light headed and I also get like pressure in my ears like their gunna pop but they come and go.
Bookmark and Share

Offline algeus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 02:49:54 AM »
Hi,

You are not crazy, and in the link below you can read a bit about this fake/not real feeling you have :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derealization

I'm experiencing this as well from time to time during last...too much years.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nomoretears

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 08:29:20 AM »
Sorry you're dealing with that. I too have dealt with feeling so sick with anxiety, I couldn't do a normal BM for like a month, and it caused me an infection. You're losing fluids, so you should drink plenty of water.

I definitely think you should try heading to the doctor to be put on some antidepressants, they can help you to eat and poop right.

As for the other symptoms, yep, all anxiety too, manifesting itself in different ways to get you.

When the brain is anxious, it focuses on everything and puts nearly everything into doubt, questioning it's validity, to make sure we are safe, so that's where over-analyzing while anxious comes from.. also, we take in more light in our eyes during anxiety to make sure we can focus in on the danger and flee (take flight) so that's why at times, we can be bothered by our vision..

Even knowing why we experience these things during an attack doesn't make it any easier to go through, but it helps a little to have some understanding.

Best of luck to you, and hope you can get things sorted out soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ThomasForces

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 09:46:11 AM »
Thanks guys, it takes a but of pressure off definitely.
I will be heading to the doctors soon for sure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline H1N1KI

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 08:17:32 PM »
Derealization...

I have it too and that's what it feels like. Mine started really severe and it was HORRIFYING but it slowly faded away :-). I only have it when I'm really anxious. Weirdly enough eating a lot of Potassium rich foods really helped (I have a low potassium though), getting 8-9 hours of sleep Every night, cutting back on booze almost completely...all of those helped a lot. Oh, and cigs made it worse!

Best of luck!

Bookmark and Share

Offline afj0823

• Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 06:01:57 PM »
i get the super hightened experience and my ears are buzzing, and feels like they are full, and i feel my eyes see something moving when it isn't, almost unbalanced and dizzy.

But I have gotten better, i went to a  very good ent, and i have followed him for almost a yr and although my ears are actually better than perfect, he felt i did deal with an inner ear infection so had me do physical therapy sense i seemed super hypersensitive to everything.

The physical therapist has worked with me on affirmations to tell myself, and how to tell my body what i feel isn't really happening.

It takes a lot of work, and still fighting it even to this day, but i think this is just anxiety you are feeling.

I feel affirmations,exercise,and writing in my journal helps.Best of luck to you, you are not alone
Bookmark and Share

Tags: GAD Worry scared confused