Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Impending stomach flu or nothing to worry about?  (Read 70 times)

Offline emmmmaaaa

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Impending stomach flu or nothing to worry about?
« on: June 28, 2014, 06:31:59 AM »
Hi! I'm currently in transit (I guess that would be the phrase for it) on my way to the beach which is unfortunately 12 hours away from me. We left the house yesterday and we stayed all day and overnight at my aunts house, in order to break up the long car ride. I felt abnormally tired all day yesterday, but it was most likely due to the fact that I actually didn't get that much sleep. Anyways, I didn't really eat anything that was completely out of the ordinary (I had a bagel for breakfast with cranberry juice, I had cheez it's and twix in the car, Mac and cheese, kind of greasy chips and dr pepper for dinner, and a canoli for desert) and I've eaten all those things before with no issues, except the canoli and kettle chips, which I got from a bakery by my aunts house. The last time I ate last night was around 8, and by 11:15, I had a sudden onset of cramps and one pretty small bout of mild diarrhea (sorry if that's gross, I was going to try to leave that out!) and I started to feel nauseous, which could've possibly been in my head, but my stomach did and does feel lousy still. I calmed myself down and went to bed, and I woke up about 30 minutes ago, and my stomach still hurts. It's not cramps, and it's not nausea, so I have absolutely no clue how to describe it. I feel pretty find besides that, I just have a small headache which is still probably from my lack of sleep. Unfortunately, my issue is that in about an hour, we have a 8 hour car ride down to the beach. This wouldn't be an issue if my stomach didn't hurt, but now I'm really afraid that I'll need to use the bathroom or need to throw up in the car, which would be super embarrassing considering we have a car full of my family and one of my best friends. I took a pepto Bismol and I'm going to try to hold off on eating anything until I start to feel a bit better, and when I do, I have saltines. But my question is, should I be worried about a potential stomach flu? (Which happens to be my biggest fear, as an emetephobe with OCD) Is there anything I can do to settle my stomach? I took a pepto Bismol and I have saltines, sprite, seltzer, and peppermint gum, so I hope that'll suffice? Does it sound like I have the stomach flu? And does anyone know how long it normally takes for someone to initially throw up with the stomach flu? I heard the maximum time it can take for someone sick to throw up for the first time is only 5 hours, and I've surpassed that amount of time, as it's been about 7 hours.
Bookmark and Share
OCD // Emetephobia // Hypochondria //

Online TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Impending stomach flu or nothing to worry about?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 07:23:49 AM »
Honestly by what you wrote no it doesn't sound like a stomach flu or virus it sounds like you ate a lot of crappy food and anxiety will make the stomach really messed up and you need that bad food to move on out !!  Eat the crackers and drink some sprite and if you need to use the restroom then tell them you need to stop drink some water to flush the system out .

Try to relax and self positive talk while riding also distraction look out the window and think of everything you can to get your mind off throwing up and odds are you wont unless you have motion sickness like me ! lol I can't ride in the back seat of a car without getting sick.

Don't eat and drink stuff like that before you are about to leave to go on a long trip it usually doesn't work out so well but you will be just fine that stuff needs out that's all.

Take care and have some fun!!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Tags: