Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Has anyone else ever had a sudden mood switch?  (Read 73 times)

Offline nomoretears

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Has anyone else ever had a sudden mood switch?
« on: June 28, 2014, 05:15:58 AM »
Not long ago, I woke up, I was feeling okay-ish, not really great, not really bad, then I ate breakfast, and suddenly started feeling very anxious and depressed..

I don't know what happened after I ate, or if eating something was the cause? but it brought something out in me, maybe having my energy restored maybe me suddenly more anxious?
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 56
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Has anyone else ever had a sudden mood switch?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 09:34:31 AM »
Hello,

Perhaps, when you eat breakfast, it triggers the start to a new day which may trigger anticipatory anxiousness and that makes you more anxious . . . trying to figure out what is going to happen rather than living what happens . . . I really do not think that it is anything that you ate . . . it seems to me it is more the fact that it was morning and your mood could go either way and it was probably anxiety brain taking control . . . but, you do bring up an interesting idea . . . when we feel energized, we may misinterpret that as anxiety . . . that feeling of wanting to get at something and get something done . . . perhaps a strategy may be that before you go to bed, make a list of 2 or 3 things that you want to accomplish the next day so right after breakfast you have some goals . . .let us know how things are going when you can . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 10:03:11 AM »
My Moods change all day long everyday but it could be my depression and also my hormones but I do know if I don't eat I get shaky and emotional or anxious so I try to eat every few hours to keep me leveled out. 

Hope you feel better ! I know mornings are worse for me .
Bookmark and Share
Let it Go, Let God !

Offline nomoretears

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 08:16:51 AM »
Thanks for the answers, I should say hunger always seems to trigger anxiety for me, my breathing seems to become uneven.. and I seem to notice the bodily change as I digest food also (or the amygdala does, whatever it is) at times I feel bloated or burpy. though yesterday, I was not really super anxious before eating, then I became very anxious just after eating..

Bookmark and Share

Tags: