Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Trying not to panic.  (Read 238 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Trying not to panic.
« on: June 27, 2014, 09:30:13 PM »
I just tried sitting up on my bed and soon as I did, I felt nauseas and my eyes got tight and I felt disoriented. No, I do not think it's a brain tumor. A brain tumor would not cause or affect someone just by sitting up on the bed and symtoms go away by laying back down. I just wanted to get that clear since people know I have a fear of that.  But anyway, I sat up on my bed and soon as I did, I felt really queesy on my stomach, eyes got really tight agaun like I could not move them, I felt disoriented. Kind of dizzy headed if that's what you call it and just really off. And then I started feeling panic. And now trying not to think bad thoughts. Trying to think if this is allergies but why am I feeling so weird in my stomach. I know allergies are bad on the eyes but feeling my stomach turn and feeling dizzy headed or spaced out is what is the worst feeling. Now my forehead is tight. I'm wondering if it's allergies doing this or just anxiety or both? Or maybe from laying flat on my back for so long. I'm ready to get to the bottom of this. I just want to know what the cause is cause it's really scary to feel this way.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trying not to panic.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 10:06:47 PM »
I have allergies and asthma. I'm just getting over a double ear infection/sinus infection.

The symptoms you've described "can" be from allergies with anxiety.

For example, most of June I had no appetite.I would put food in my mouth and still be chewing an hour later. I felt out of it (foggy) and off balance.

I wasn't congested or sneezing so I didn't think it was sinus related. Finally I had to see the doctor because it was so hard to eat. He checked my ears/nose/throat. Turns out my sinuses were swollen shut, that's why I wasn't congested. Nothing could come out. And that is why I got a double ear infection....everything was building in my head. He gave me antibiotics and within 9 hours, I was eating again. Took my last dose last night. 10 days.

Perhaps you have a sinus infection. In my case, it was called a "dry sinus infection".

But if you don't, it still could be anxiety on it's own.

I've noticed that with anxiety, symptoms come and go. Old ones leave and then new ones appear. It's called "symptom switching".

Drink water. Or Gatorade. If you feel nauseous, buy those anti nausea wrist bands. I keep them handy for when feel off balance due to allergies. They press the acu points on the wrists...people wear them for going on boats and such. Good luck. :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 10:37:57 PM »
I did have a sinus infection i saw my ent last month and she said it was clearing up. And told me to take zrtec for my allergies but I had to stop taking it cause it made me really loopy. I was on several antibiotics in April and in may when I had ct scan she said it was clearing up so it was still there. Maybe the sinus infection returned?  I only feel sick when I sit up though. The only time I feel sick laying down is from the post nasal drip.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 10:46:14 PM »
Sounds like your sinus infection is still playing with you.

Have you tried nasal antihistamines? I use Astepro (non- steroid) and since this sinus infection/ear thing, FloNase. I prefer not to take oral allergy meds, but I can tell you that for me, the only oral one I can use is Allegra. (not the Allegra D, just plain Allegra, it's OTC now).

Yes, sinus stuff can indeed make you feel funny when you get up because your equilibrium is off. Remember, it affects the ears, nose and throat. Ears equal your balance, so it makes perfect sense.

I would try a nasal spray or 2...one antihistamine and one steroid(steroid if there is inflammation).

Also, Arm and Hammer makes a nasal spray in a can. You can use that to keep the nasal passages clear....I'll be using mine every day because I learned my lesson from this allergy season in NY. I slacked off on my allergy sprays and paid for it! :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 11:00:23 PM »
It very well could be. I will wake up in the mornings and one side of my nose will be clogged up. And I've been using my steriod spray once a day and noticed my nose isn't too clogged up now. But I feel pressure in my nose and here it making noises inside of it. Like something settling in it. Lol. Hard to explain.

I start on allegra tomorrow. Hoping it will make me feel better if not I'm calling ent and I'm going to see if she can call me in another round of antibiotics. I don't think this all is to blame on anxiety, the symptoms got worse again after I ran out of Claritin but even then I was still feeling off still. I know anxiety does not help but I just feel in my gut that it's more and brain Tumors would not just affect me sitting up or react to allergy meds. I just know that I need relief from this cause it's been hell since this started. It would not have affected me so much if it had not messed with my ears!  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 11:18:20 PM »
Good that you'll start Allegra tomorrow.

You'd be surprised at how much just a tiny bit of fluid in one ear can do ....and to someone with anxiety, forget it!

But knowledge is power!

Glad you're using a nasal spray. Perhaps you need a stronger one? I was initially on Nasacort but after this infection had to get switched to Flonase. Makes a big difference.

At night, I sleep with 2 nasal strips on. They really open things up. I wish they made invisible ones. I'd wear them during the day.  :action-smiley-065:

Maybe you need ear drops!!! I just thought of that now! :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 12:04:25 AM »
This winter we had crazy weather in nc. We were having all four seasons In one week. It snowed and I was out in the snow and my nose was really dry to where it was bleeding. And it was really dry from the heat I my room.

It started the week after that. I felt like the floor was bouncing under my feet. So there went my dramatic mind thinking oh gosh what's going on. My first thought was logical. Sinuses my ears. But then my anxiety kicked in so I said  Seizure? Why I thought that was cause of me playing video games a lot lol.

Well I tried not to panic just felt this was a sinus problem. I could not see my dr right away which was the main problem. I ended up going to urgent care with a very bad experience. I told the doctor my symptoms. Which was the floor bouncing feeling and she looked at me strange. And told her that I felt some tightness in my head. The floor moving feeling was worse in small rooms and even sitting down, tilting my head would make me feel it.  My head felt bouncy. So i told her. She checks my ears and they are packed with wax. She says that's probably my problem. Wrong! She did not even check my sinuses. After she cleaned my ears, she said there was a little bit of fluid behind my right ear drum. Duh, that was sign of a sinus problem. So I leave there with no relief. And after that day, I feel worse. My head feels more tighter. My eyes are off and there goes my anxiety again. Thinking the worse and then there was google to make it even more worse than it was. I began to have pains in my head and my anxiety was getting worse at this point. I got to the point where I was afraid to walk cause I felt like I was walking all crazy but on the outside I was fine. Felt off balance on the inside. Google says brain tumor. When I saw the symptoms being head pressure, eyes and balance mainly, there I went. Terrified.

After 4 weeks of high anxiety and panic I finally saw my dr. She checked me out, did Nuero Exam a small one. Like facial and strength and balance. All was good. Even with my anxiety being up to the roof lol. She said was probably frontal sinus infection. So she gave me amoxicillin and I took it for a week and no change. I got On wii board and it was weird cause I felt better and the bouncing feeling was less but I still felt like I was on a boat. Bending leaning was the worse. And like I said small rooms. Sitting up on the bed was nothing like the way it is now. I only felt better being on my bed. Sitting on the toilet it felt like someone was moving the toilet up and down lol.

I told her I felt no change. The dizzy head was gone though. So she freaked me out when she said I would probably need ct scan. I thought she meant something was going on with my brain. I told her I thought I had brain tumor and she said I worried too much. She said I could see a ent.

So April rolled around and I saw the ent. I wrote down everything and told her straight out I was afraid I had a brain tumor. She said no. She gave me predinsone and stronger antibiotic and said if it didn't help, she would do ct scan of my sinuses. So I took the meds and it got rid of the trampoline feeling when I walked. But my head still felt off so I was on round two of augmentin. The antibiotic. My head still felt off. Tight. Eyes felt off. So that's when we did the ct scan and she said chronic sinusits and allergies. My frontal sinuses were ok but the maxillary sinuses both had about an inch or so of mucus. She said it was clearing up. Thats when she said to take zrtec. But I couldn't cause of how loopy it made me feel.

From being bed bound my legs were weak so I still felt wobbly cause of that. And was still worried about a stupid brain tumor. And since my body had been under so much stress I was feeling out of it by doing exercises trying to get my legs strong again. But once again, I still felt the off balance feeling off and on. Not sure if it was anxiety triggering it but funny to me it was doing it tilting again. The Claritin did help with my eyes, head a bit and the foggy head but just a couple weeks ago is when I started feeling drunk. Just like I did tonight. That's exactly how it feels. Like a buzz. And now I'm pretty much bed bound cause the feeling I get is a huge anxiety trigger.

So I'm thinking it's allergy sinus related abd anxiety making it worse. And making me think the worse like I've been misdiagnosed. Blah blah blah. If it was anxiety symptoms, then Claritin helped at the time but that don't happen. It's been worse with no Claritin so I am really hoping that allegra helps with this. If not, might be another sinus infection. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 12:36:15 AM »
Chronic sinusitis is a tough one. It can cause Eustashian Tube Dysfunction, which can cause a lot of the symptoms you describe.

I have what is called an "ear Popper". I got an RX from my physician. INS. covered it. You turn it on, stick it in your nose and swallow. Then repeat on the other nostril. wait 5 min and do it again. Your ears pop. It keeps the fluid from building up from the chonic sinusitis.

Perhaps you should ask your doctor about getting you an ear popper. And the wax build up could have definitely caused you problems, as well.

A great way to thin any mucus is hot water (but not boiling, just the hottest tap water, with a tablespoon of honey) sipped before it gets cold. It thins the mucus very quickly.

Those dizzy / off feelings can be a combo of ears/nose stuff plus anxiety of course. Put the 2 together and it's a recipe for disaster.

It definitely sounds like the winter you had wreaked havoc on you. We had a dry, snowy winter here, too and quite cold. Then spring came and everything bloomed at once and there was a lot of wind, blowing pollen from 400 miles away. ::sigh::

I check Pollen.com daily for reports in my area. I've learned that I have to start taking my allergy meds in February.

If I were you, I would not do any exercises, but I would definitely rest. Read, lay down, but no running around or exercising. Let your body heal. I think you'll like the allegra. No zoning out at all. No tiredness, no fog head, no speedy feeling because it doesn't have that pseudoephedrine in it. It's OTC now,too, it's that safe. I take 30 mgs....but some folks can take as much as 180 mgs. 30 works for me fine and I only take it in the a.m.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 12:54:17 AM »
I had my ears checked and they did not mention anything about a dysfunction but I know allergies and sinuses can mess with the ears. I wish my inner ears could be checked.

Here's another weird thing. I had just turned over on my side to reach for something and I had my face flat down on the pillow reaching for my ice pack and just by laying face down I started feeling nauseas and dizzy headed. I'm not seeing any spinning. I just feel dizzy headed. Like a head rush almost.  What In the world?  I told my ent about this as well cause I have had this before. It's always in the left side. She did not seem to think it was inner ear infection. This is just weird. And I'm not even anxious. That feeling only makes me anxious cause I get queasy on my stomach. I don't get it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 01:04:50 AM »
They can look into your inner ears. Maybe you need to see a new ENT?

Mine could see the fluid in my ears, but based on my symptoms, he told me it is definitely ETD (Eustashian Tube Dysfunction).

A friend of mine also has it. She doesn't have an "ear popper" like I do, but what she does (and it works, because when my batteries went on my ear popper, I tried this and it worked).

Take a blow dryer. Put it on high and hold it 12 inches from your ear. Let the air blow at your ear for about 30 seconds and then do the other ear.

You might hear crackling or popping. When you swallow, you might notice that you suddenly hear better. At best, it will get rid of the weird feeling that you are feeling. It really works.  Give it a shot! :action-smiley-065: :spineyes: ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 01:21:20 AM »
The ent I have is really good. But something needs to be done. A brain tumor would not cause these symptoms by just by certain movement would it? Trying not to think the worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 08:03:46 PM »
Definitely not!

But anxiety certainly would!

Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 08:06:43 PM »
I didn't think so. That fear is gonna have to be tossed out the window.

I heard change in blood pressure can cause it. Yes could be anxiety and my allergies. I started taking allegra today. I may have another sinus infection. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 08:47:28 PM »
Yes, toss that fear out the window. No, get it a one way plane ticket far into the oblivion!!!

Good, you started the Allegra today. You will get to the bottom of this...and you'll feel better.
 :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 09:04:08 PM »
Yes. Plane ticket! Lol.

Yes I will. No matter what! :)