Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Allergy? Bug bites? Something else?  (Read 139 times)

Offline Lynnk

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • :::
    • Poke This Member
Allergy? Bug bites? Something else?
« on: June 27, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »
Note: I went to the ER two days before I developed these 'bites.' I was having GI problems from an unlisted side effect from a laxative - I was having anxiety that caused GI problems beforehand.

Three days ago, I woke up with what looked like bug bites, or a break out (I'll call then 'bites' for now, 'cause I have no idea what they are) - a few on my left arm (inner & outer - a few of them were in a row) two on my right arm, a couple on my left leg, and none on my right leg. They did itch, but I refrained from scratching them. They're small and red or pink - some of them look like mosquito bites, some look like a small red dot.

The next day, I developed a few more on my left arm, more on my left & right leg, a few on my upper & lower back. Still itchy.

The next next day: I woke up with more, BUT - the first series of 'bites' I woke up with are beginning to fade. There's more on my lower back (especially around my waist line where my pants would begin.) They're looking a lot more like mosquito bites, though...even though I haven't been outside as of late.

Today, I developed a few that look like mosquito bites on the back of my arm. (not the arm I got the IV in.) These are the itchiest so far. The bites I got from the recent day are fading.

Maybe...I picked something up from the ER? (Maybe bed bugs or scabies?) Also, I had two 'bites' around the same area (but not near/on) I got the IV needle in. The IV site looks and feels fine, other than some faded bruising.   (I haven't had any real fevers or aches as of late - I've been taking my temp frequently since I've developed these.) Also, I'm developing these 'bites' during the day time as well.

I'm kind of freaking out. What could it be?

I can't afford another hospital visit, and I don't have the money to go to the local clinic.

:dazed:  I'm more scared that I might have a Staph infection or MRSA, or something awful. I know it's silly to think, but I keep having doubts/fears.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Allergy? Bug bites? Something else?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 01:44:50 AM »
Not an infection. If it were, the old spots would not fade away as new ones pop up. Also, these seem to follow a pattern of appearing at night, which makes me think you are probably correct about them being bug bites. They could be mosquitoes, but they could also be fleas or perhaps even bedbugs (I know, yikes!) but that's really what they sound like. I'd look into that possibility!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynnk

Content
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 11:42:55 AM »
I was thinking bed bugs, too...but, no one else here is getting bit.  :fragend005:  I don't know what to think.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »
Well it could be that you ten to react more to the bites than others, or it could be something about you that they like more than other people. Maybe you're just sweeter?  :laugh3: Seriously though, some people are more attractive to biting insects because of their body chemistry.

Another possibility, though, is that it could be an allergic reaction to something. You might just want to check with your doctor if that's possible.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynnk

Content
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 09:30:49 PM »
Yeah...I'm beginning to think it may be an allergic reaction to bites of sort...or an allergy. Otherwise, I have no idea.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynnk

Content
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 12:28:17 AM »
Now my left hand, forearm, elbow, and (kind of) upper arm feel stiff/dense, but no swelling...or maybe I can't tell yet. Feels weird.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynnk

Content
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 02:35:16 AM »
Now my left hand, forearm, elbow, and (kind of) upper arm feel stiff/dense, but no swelling...or maybe I can't tell yet. Feels weird.

Nevermind. Freaked out over nothing. Apparently drawing & writing for a long time can do that. XD
Bookmark and Share

Tags: