Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: AIDS some days, CANCER Others.  (Read 128 times)

Offline CanSomeoneRelate?

• Silly Anxiety, Nobody Wants You Here!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Anxiety Go Away
    • Poke This Member
AIDS some days, CANCER Others.
« on: June 27, 2014, 04:39:10 PM »
I've had swollen lymph nodes for months and the doctors don't seem to be concerned because I have no other symptoms.. but these lymph nodes are huge and because my chart says anxiety, they don't take me seriously. I mean, come on, I'm not even medicated... I DON'T make this stuff up!!

AIDS... this I DO make up. I've never told ANYONE about this fear...it kills me inside. I have never had unprotected sex until my current boyfriend. One time a condom broke, but to spare the details, it was early on in the process. When my doctors refused to investigate my swollen lymph nodes, I started diagnosing myself. The minute that I saw Swollen Lymphs could mean HIV/AIDS, my heart dropped. My boyfriend got what we think is poison ivy on his elbows a few weeks back, and IMMEDIATELY I saw AIDS is a symptom of a rash and I convinced myself I gave him AIDS and that I have ruined his life.

I just need to know I'm not alone. I drive myself crazy in my head. Boyfriend doesn't understand the anxiety much, I have no outlet & nobody to talk to. It hurts.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: AIDS some days, CANCER Others.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 05:23:49 AM »
I think the title of your post says it all. One day you think you have this. The next it might change. I am sure this is not the first time either you thought you had a serious illness. Of all the times you thought you had some illness, how many times did you actually have anything serious at all? This is the sort of thing you have to ask yourself. I can guess the answer would be ' never '. So from that we learn it is the mind playing tricks on us. We have to use these facts. Learn how to make them work for us. To be able to say ' I have gone through this before and it was just my mind playing tricks on me '. Or else you will waste your life away thinking you have one illness or another. Have to learn to help ourselves. Change a negative into a positive.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Lazalus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: AIDS some days, CANCER Others.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 05:42:18 PM »
I was obsessed with this same thing.  As a while ago I had a couple partners, always wore protection though, but one time a girl bled on me.  So of course I flew into the i'm dead....BUT it's HIV not AIDS.  HIV progresses into aids but not all the time.  Also do you know your bf well enough... has he been with many girls? If not the chances of him having AIDS are almost .99%.  This being said, always use protection.  The condom broke once, but what are the chances of him having HIV and swollen lymph nodes are common in many illnesses.  Plus if you had HIV usually ppl become deathly ill, then recover.  If you're worried GET TESTED. I did and it was a huge relief when it came in negative.  Hope this helped... Feel better.

Laz
Bookmark and Share

Tags: