Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: what proactive/enjoyable things....  (Read 1373 times)

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: what proactive/enjoyable things....
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »
I did a 90 minute yoga workout (P90x)  I've done the workout before, but never the full one (usually I do about 45 minutes). my body is so tired but I'm pretty pleased that I managed it.  Tomorrow I have my kickboxing class and piano lesson, after that will be driving down to my inlaws cabin on the lake and we'll swim, see fireworks, visit family so that will be nice :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2014, 02:20:39 PM »
ahhh what a great weekend.  All the extra family left today after lunch.

so we had hubs brother, his mom and sister and bro in law for the fourth.  I had myself surrounded by shrinks for the weekend   :P Love the stories they can tell  :winking0008:.   the fourth we had fantastic strip steaks.  I made margaritas.  Hubs took everyone to the fireworks.  I stayed home this year.  Fireworks and late nights are hard on our eldest, who is disabled.  that was fine.  I just read my book.    Hubs sis and her fam left afterward.  Saturday we bbq'd again.  Today is our anniversary   :yes:  ;D  We went to church then off to the "Roycroft Inn" for brunch.  My bro in law is a history buff and he'd read about this Inn and wanted to see it.  We were only happy to oblige.  It is a nice place.   We came home and I plopped on the couch and fell asleep watching a history show.

All in all a great weekend.  Now I just need to digest  all of this food. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2014, 01:17:06 PM »
HEY, did you all KNOWWWWW  that riding a horse for the first time since 1999  can make muscles in your body that you didn't know you had  HURT?

if you didn't know,  I am here to tell you    YES   it does.   lol

Yesterday I took 5 of my kids to a riding stable.  We rode through the woods for an hour.  then we got to check out all of the other animals.  it was great fun
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline AncientMelody

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2014, 12:04:51 PM »
that sounds like a lot fun sixpack...but yes I can see why you'd have been so sore the next day!
Bookmark and Share

Offline LAD123456

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2014, 12:38:18 PM »
Well, tomorrow my husband, son and I are going to the shore for the day and on Sunday we are going to my MIL's house for dinner to celebrate my husbands birthday.  But since we do not have to be there until 5, I will also clean the house and my car.  Cleaning the house and the car are actually things I like to do.....

Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2014, 02:46:20 PM »
Well, tomorrow my husband, son and I are going to the shore for the day and on Sunday we are going to my MIL's house for dinner to celebrate my husbands birthday.  But since we do not have to be there until 5, I will also clean the house and my car.  Cleaning the house and the car are actually things I like to do.....

sounds good   :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2014, 02:50:26 PM »
i took three of my kids plus a kid's bff blueberry picking.  LARGE berries.  we picked over 22 pounds of berries  :sprachlos020:    one batch went home with the bff.  my sister in law brought  my 17yr back from cleveland (my daughter got to shadow a pt at cleveland clinic this week--her aunt and uncle work there)  so I gave her about 3 pounds.  I sent a pound to my mother in law and my friend.   so maybe we have  12 or 13 pounds left.    Man did I eat a lot of blueberries and my tummy hurts
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2014, 03:43:37 PM »
my son and I will be making blueberry muffins tonight for my parent's family BBQ that's tomorrow
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2014, 11:10:52 AM »
my son and I will be making blueberry muffins tonight for my parent's family BBQ that's tomorrow

they are definitely delicious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sugarpeeps

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »
I am going to spend today with my family and some loved ones in from out of town.  Tomorrow I may spend some time with my girl and our horses-I am scared of horses so when riding I am so focused on the riding and the horse that I have a break from my HA and even though it is still fear, it is a more normal fear and that feels better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2014, 11:17:46 AM »
this morning I got up and made bacon and blueberry pancakes with those fat, juicy berries the girls and I picked yesterday.   I got the rest of the berries out of the freezer and put in gallon bags.  we have FIVE gallon bags of frozen berries now. no need to buy berries.  we are good.

later my dog and I went for our morning jaunt.  saturdays we keep it to about 3 miles.   

presently I am sitting on my deck lounging and listening to my various fountains bubble and gurgle.  the birds are happily chirping away.  the only thing I need to do now is log off here and enjoy the book i am reading instead,  The Orphan Train

what books have peeps here been enjoying lately?  I've been reading a lot on my iPad.  I just love downloading samples of books then picking the ones I like.  great way to not spend $$ on books you don't like.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2014, 11:22:19 AM »
I am going to spend today with my family and some loved ones in from out of town.  Tomorrow I may spend some time with my girl and our horses-I am scared of horses so when riding I am so focused on the riding and the horse that I have a break from my HA and even though it is still fear, it is a more normal fear and that feels better.

that is  good thing to do.

one of my daughters rode when she was younger.  she jumped etc.  all the equestrian stuff.  we moved up here and it was too expensive.  i took my kids horseback riding a few weeks ago.  I am not a big fan of horses either.  they can be so persnickety.  lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2014, 03:02:25 PM »
I thought that I would resurrect this thread and see what everybody is doing this weekend that is proactive/enjoyable.

Tonight after work (5 o'clock can't come soon enough) the three of us are going to Home Depot to get a new french door and then to a wholesale distributor, for kitchen cabinets, then out to dinner.

Well, tomorrow it is supposed to rain ALL DAY.  So I will get all of my cleaning and my wash done.  Then we will go out for dinner.  I know it doesn't sound exciting, but I actually like to clean.  While I am cleaning, my husband is taking my SUV to get running boards installed (being only 5'2 I need them) and my son is going out with his friends.  So I get the entire house to myself, with the exception of my two dogs.

Sunday, food shopping, washing and waxing the SUV (yes, I have a step stool) and then over to my MIL's house for dinner. I really like to detail my car and now that winter is coming, it is really important to get a few coats of GOOD wax on the car before the snow hits.  Oh and I also forgot, I am going to the gym, first thing in the morning.

Well that makes it a great weekend because I do not having to cook. As much as I like to clean, I really hate to cook, but I do like making Christmas cookies.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: