Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: what proactive/enjoyable things....  (Read 2161 times)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 240
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: what proactive/enjoyable things....
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2014, 03:05:56 PM »
thanks.  so far all looks good.  I still have a lot of prep work before people come though.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2014, 11:43:45 AM »
Well today actually IS my birthday, so I'm going to do the least amount of work I can get by with. That doesn't mean I'm sitting around on my rump though; I started some ribs in the slow cooker and will finish them on the grill this afternoon. A few friends are coming over for a cookout; we'll have the aforementioned ribs, some brats and franks, and some burgers, plus whatever people end up bringing. Lots of cold beverages and so forth. I probably should mow the lawn, but I'm not terribly motivated to do it on my birthday. I think I'll leave it be, and if anyone complains I'll show them where the mower is and tell them to have at it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2014, 02:00:55 PM »
 :( I should have taken my own advice and not mowed the lawn. I twisted my ankle mowing the lawn and felt it pop. Now it's really swollen and very stiff and hurts to put pressure on it. I'll be spending most of the day sitting down apparently, so at least it's a good excuse not to do any more work today...
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2014, 02:15:46 PM »
Well today actually IS my birthday, so I'm going to do the least amount of work I can get by with. That doesn't mean I'm sitting around on my rump though; I started some ribs in the slow cooker and will finish them on the grill this afternoon. A few friends are coming over for a cookout; we'll have the aforementioned ribs, some brats and franks, and some burgers, plus whatever people end up bringing. Lots of cold beverages and so forth. I probably should mow the lawn, but I'm not terribly motivated to do it on my birthday. I think I'll leave it be, and if anyone complains I'll show them where the mower is and tell them to have at it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Toasted Butter!!!!! Have a great one! Brats and franks and burgers...::drooling uncontrollably here::

aaaacccckkkk...you twisted your ankle? ice, baby, ice!!! Leg UP. Put a steak on it. Sorry. All the talk of food has me excited. Hope your ankle feels better and you enjoy your birthday!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2014, 03:51:15 PM »
YIKES toasted.  I shoulda lent our lawn mower guy to you  :winking0008:  .  Happy birthday!!!

We are soon to have peeps here.  We are doing strip steaks this time  B-;    I am getting ready to make frozen margaritas   :P

My trifle looks fabulous too.

hope you all have a marvelous time today.  especially toasted being his b'day and sprained ankle day
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »
I did a 90 minute yoga workout (P90x)  I've done the workout before, but never the full one (usually I do about 45 minutes). my body is so tired but I'm pretty pleased that I managed it.  Tomorrow I have my kickboxing class and piano lesson, after that will be driving down to my inlaws cabin on the lake and we'll swim, see fireworks, visit family so that will be nice :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2014, 02:20:39 PM »
ahhh what a great weekend.  All the extra family left today after lunch.

so we had hubs brother, his mom and sister and bro in law for the fourth.  I had myself surrounded by shrinks for the weekend   :P Love the stories they can tell  :winking0008:.   the fourth we had fantastic strip steaks.  I made margaritas.  Hubs took everyone to the fireworks.  I stayed home this year.  Fireworks and late nights are hard on our eldest, who is disabled.  that was fine.  I just read my book.    Hubs sis and her fam left afterward.  Saturday we bbq'd again.  Today is our anniversary   :yes:  ;D  We went to church then off to the "Roycroft Inn" for brunch.  My bro in law is a history buff and he'd read about this Inn and wanted to see it.  We were only happy to oblige.  It is a nice place.   We came home and I plopped on the couch and fell asleep watching a history show.

All in all a great weekend.  Now I just need to digest  all of this food. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2014, 01:17:06 PM »
HEY, did you all KNOWWWWW  that riding a horse for the first time since 1999  can make muscles in your body that you didn't know you had  HURT?

if you didn't know,  I am here to tell you    YES   it does.   lol

Yesterday I took 5 of my kids to a riding stable.  We rode through the woods for an hour.  then we got to check out all of the other animals.  it was great fun
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2014, 12:04:51 PM »
that sounds like a lot fun sixpack...but yes I can see why you'd have been so sore the next day!
Bookmark and Share

Offline LAD123456

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2014, 12:38:18 PM »
Well, tomorrow my husband, son and I are going to the shore for the day and on Sunday we are going to my MIL's house for dinner to celebrate my husbands birthday.  But since we do not have to be there until 5, I will also clean the house and my car.  Cleaning the house and the car are actually things I like to do.....

Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything