Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: what proactive/enjoyable things....  (Read 1098 times)

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
Re: what proactive/enjoyable things....
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2014, 02:11:05 PM »
I will be heading out for my morning jaunt.  I just got my eldest out to her bus(she is disabled and goes to a day hab daily).  I am going to eat my oatmeal and blueberries, then out the dog and I go.  I don't know if I will meet up with my friend and her dogs today. We walk together during the school year.  But now that school is out and she doesn't have to supervise kids,  she is a more "sleep in" kinda gal.  lol.

Good for you! How was your morning jaunt? It's hot and humid today. I wonder why does fur doesn't frizz like people's.... :bigsmile:

You're in NY, too. Island or Upstate? :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »
Today I'm thankful for my job. :yes:  Despite years of countless ups and down with some severe HA, my job has forced me focus outside myself.  Even if I've shown up after crying for the whole ride there  :traurig001:, or having to go to the ladies room at times to compose myself, it has been truly a Godsend to have the 'forced' focus of having to work and get through the day.  Yes, the anxiety is there and it is never far from my thoughts, but it gets blunted, out of necessity, because of the tasks at hand.

How awesome, your job really helps blunt out the anxiety. Sounds like you've done real well! Happy for you. :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline LAD123456

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2014, 02:45:07 PM »
Last night I got my ipod up to date with my walking music.. I bought a Fit Bit, which should be delivered today.  My goal is to walk before work and after work.  God knows, i need to lose 20lbs.  I am doing this in conjuction with going on a carb free diet.

I am determined to make myself mentally strong as well as making my body as close to physically fit as possible

Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2014, 02:58:12 PM »
Last night I got my ipod up to date with my walking music.. I bought a Fit Bit, which should be delivered today.  My goal is to walk before work and after work.  God knows, i need to lose 20lbs.  I am doing this in conjuction with going on a carb free diet.

I am determined to make myself mentally strong as well as making my body as close to physically fit as possible

Sounds like a great idea. Walking is the best thing for anxiety....it makes us breathe correctly- and releases endorphins which are a nice bonus.

Goals are good :yes: 

Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2014, 03:06:02 PM »
Well, despite feeling so fatigued for the past couple weeks (I'm wondering if I have CFS)  here's what I did today, woke up at 4:30 to send my hubby off to work, took my Pug out for his morning walk, came back home and did a chest, shoulder, tricep work-out, took a shower, had breakfast, went over my Dad's house to wash a load of clothes for him, went to Target to buy a shower curtain, and dish drainer (ended up buying some lipstick too  :happy0151: ) , went to Starbucks, when I got back home I had lunch---a huge salad---perfect for this weather.  Now I'm about to do some housework, and cook supper.  All in a days work!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 203
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »
redapples....

I live in western ny---buffalo area.  still toasty.  the dog and I went out about 7:15.  we jaunted about 4.25mi   :bigsmile: :P.  then I can home and took my soggy clothes off and showered.   :laugh3: 

my eldest was having a tough time with seizures this morning.  so I had to run up to the dayhab she goes to to see how she was.  I brought her diazepam.   certain type seizures can leave her highly agitated and diazepam helps with that...  I ended up bringing her home.  twasn't the easiest drive home, I will say.  *sigh*.  I needed a nap afterward, lol
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sixpack

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2014, 03:19:24 PM »
This is a great thread, sixpack. Enjoy reading and will post in time. Weekend was not so great but what goes down will rise. :yes:

I know that a couple of not so good days will not keep you down.   ;D
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sixpack

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2014, 03:21:17 PM »
carrie ann------  sounds like a good day.  and YEAH lipstick  ;D

br--- thanks  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 03:27:01 PM »
Today other than fearing I wrote my name on all my pairs of socks except one pair which I'm wearing, which on one sock says "Bull and the other sock says "s***" so at least with my humor I'm entertaining myself  :laugh3: I otherwise am anxious about the doctors appontment I have in about 10 minutes.  :nature-smiley-016:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »
Carrie Ann, I must be old but whenever I see your name that old song pops into my head. What's your game now, and can anybody play? Hey, it's a good song at least. :yes:

No photography for me yesterday or today. I did get a little bit done on Sunday, though. I had to drop my wife at the hospital because she cracked a rib and they wanted to do X-rays (everything looks okay but she's in pain), and in the time I was waiting for her I went to the nearby city park and photographed the waterbirds nesting there. Lots of egrets, geese, herons, cormorants and ducks. I even popped into the zoo next to the park and snapped a few pictures of the animals there (we have a membership so it costs nothing to just pop in when I have a bit of time). I haven't gone through my photos yet to see if any of them turned out, but I think I got a few good shots of the egrets at least. I spent far too much time trying to take pictures of swallows, which are so small and fast they're difficult to focus on before they're completely gone! There are some beautiful rare (well, rare for my area anyway) violet-green swallows feeding on insects there and the temptation to try to photograph them is too strong to resist.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2014, 04:48:01 PM »
toasted.  i cracked a rib in college.  and damn that was hurtful.   :yes:

your photography sounds great and very relaxing
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2014, 05:10:20 PM »
Toasted- those Swallows, it's a wonder anyone gets a photo of them- I've been seeing Barn and Tree Swallows- but they aren't landing. I need to find out where they sleep...hehe....

Violet Green Swallows? Must google. Never heard of those but they sound cool. :action-smiley-065:

I can't find my book mark of your photos...could you post it again? Glad you had a good day and hope your wife's rib feels better soon. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2014, 05:39:21 PM »
Regarding the cracked rib, she has another appointment with an osteopath today to hopefully get it set and sorted. Meanwhile she is on steroids for the inflammation and muscle relaxers. She's already taking pain killers for other issues.

redapples; here is the link: http://500px.com/KentTurner

I have to go through my latest photos still to see if there are any good ones! I do have some halfway decent pictures of barn swallow building a nest out of mud under a bridge near my house. They seem to spend nearly every moment either in their nests or in the air, don't they?
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2014, 05:46:04 PM »
Regarding the cracked rib, she has another appointment with an osteopath today to hopefully get it set and sorted. Meanwhile she is on steroids for the inflammation and muscle relaxers. She's already taking pain killers for other issues.

Cool, she'll feel better soon. Has she tried acupuncture?

redapples; here is the link: http://500px.com/KentTurner

I have to go through my latest photos still to see if there are any good ones! I do have some halfway decent pictures of barn swallow building a nest out of mud under a bridge near my house. They seem to spend nearly every moment either in their nests or in the air, don't they?

Thank you for the link! I won't lose it this time  :laugh3: You're photos are wonderful.
It sure does seem that the Swallows are either in nest or in flight! But they've got to stop to eat sometime!

Last week there were about 20 of them down by the beach nearby. Of course, I didn't have my telephoto lens. 3 of them actually landed. :P Isn't that always the way?
I think I have some Barn Swallow photos somewhere...a neighbor loves to keep their garage open wide all day long...and the Swallows decided it was the perfect place to nest. It's illegal to remove their nests once they're active so I had to convince her that she had to keep her garage closed. She did that year...but...she's got it open again. Maybe I'll get another Swallow photo op! :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2014, 05:49:35 PM »
Toast- here's a photo I forgot I had...Barn Swallow Juvie. Not as sharp as I'd like, though.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: