Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: what proactive/enjoyable things....  (Read 1314 times)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
what proactive/enjoyable things....
« on: June 27, 2014, 04:37:10 PM »
have you done today and planning for the weekend?

I am always going on about being proactive.  Trying to egg people into taking a few leaps of faith, to urge and encourage (maybe some think berate  :P :sprachlos020:) people to abandon the reactive habits (monitoring, reassurance, self-testing, feeling hopeless/helpless). 

SO

what good things have you done for yourself today and what are the plans for the weekend?  Everybody has to start somewhere...

I will start us off.

Today started off with a 3 mile walk with my dog.  I saw a women in another neighborhood who shared her garden with me.  I am a gardener so this is like heaven for me.   I did have to take my youngest to the rheumy today.  But the doc is fun so that is all good. Tonight Hubs and I are going to the movies.  YEAH date night.  we even have one free ticket.  YES.   I may finish a book I downloaded last night.  It is fantastic... however it is true story about a women with a disease. so maybe not a good choice for everyone  :yes:

Tomorrow I will start off the day with another walk with my dog. Next is a soccer game for my 13yr old.  I am also going to bake FUN pina colada cupcakes for a party we are going to tomorrow.  My friend calls it their annual "Spring Fling".  We shall have a good time.

Sunday will be a bit more laid back. I may look into  some books my daughter's rheumy suggested.     ;D

SO who next is up for the "Proactive challenge?"     :party0002:

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline LAD123456

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: what proactive/enjoyable things....
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 04:57:14 PM »
well, tonight I am going out to dinner with my husband and then coming home to watch the NHL draft---I am a hockey geek. But I know my team will mess something up.

Tomorrow, I plan on cleaning the house and buying a new rose bush (the winter killed the last one), for the front of my house and I have to detail my car---these are all things I like to do

Sunday, I do not know, but I will do something.  I am not going to sit in and just watch TV---I have done that enough the past few months. 

I am determined to get my anxiety under control.  It all starts with ME!!!!

BTW---I did get one of the books that you recommended last week---I just started reading it last night. 

Thank you very much for all of the wisdom that you are sharing with us.

Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 05:11:44 PM »
NICE Lad.   :bigsmile:

oh which book did you get?   the book I am reading now would send some HA peeps over the edge I think.  :dazed:

and you are absolutely right;  It does start with ME.    KUDOS  ;D    Ain't nobody can fix your  B-;  thinkin' but you. 

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 05:15:30 PM »
oh and you know I was just downstairs making dinner....  um not a right nutritious one tonight-----  little bitty hotdogs (cocktail sausages) with crescent rolls.  lots of peeps call them pigs in a blanket.  and tater tots.   I will fling in a veggie  :winking0008: .    BUT what was I doing while making this chef's delight?   I was singing stupid made up songs to the tune of  the "spiderman theme".  yes sixpack sings loud, proud and stupid.   :happy0005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 05:25:47 PM »
I'm planning on working on my garden tomorrow. I'm not a gardener but my harden is a work in progress and I enjoy it. Had a relaxing day today catching up on some computer tasks, cooking with my husband and sitting outside talking for a while. Tonight will catch up on some of my TV shows. I really enjoy all of the relaxing I do during the weekend since on weekdays I'm working out in the mornings and teaching folks how to build dollhouse online. Its fun but I like the two day breaks.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 05:36:45 PM »
LAD, that's cool!  I am getting more into hockey since my Kings won.  I didn't know the draft was tonight...the season just ended it seems.

I'm going to work on emptying my DVR tonight and tomorrow in working out then heading to the salon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 05:47:44 PM »
Sixpack

I got Hope and Help for your Nerves---I can't wait until after the draft, so I can continue reading.

I know a lot of people may think cleaning a house and detailing a car, isn't fun but I really enjoy both---especially detailing my car.  Nothing greater then driving a car that is clean inside and out.

Today I went to a new doctor, I explained everything that was going on with me.  I just realized that my HA started the month after I sold my mom's house.  For 2 years I was either cleaning it out, fixing it up and selling it.  when it was all over and done with, I didn't know what the heck I was going to do with myself, so I just concentrated
 on all of my physical/health problems.

Losing my mom really hurt, and like you, I had to make the life/death decision, on my own. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 05:52:09 PM »
yesyesno

I am a total hockey geek. I really enjoy watching hockey.  The draft starts at 7 on TSN.  I have my DVR all set up because I will miss the first half hour because we are going to dinner.

Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »
Lad it is all about what makes you happy.   :yes:   Claire Weekes was a wise woman

YYN:  are you a DVR-a-holic?  we dvr quite a few things.  Covert Affairs didn't get taped for us.  :fragend005: .

J unoX----  gardening is what pulled me out of a free fall in '97.  I have LOVED it ever since.  I am glad you enjoy it.
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 06:28:27 PM »
Great post sixpack.  We need more posts like these instead of all the obsessing.  I just finished 10 shifts straight so I need a night just to veg with my gals, watch a movie, get to bed early.  But tomorrow we might hit the new go-cart track...maybe do some cooking.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline Eighty-1

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 08:00:06 PM »
Six....Lol - Blossom just popped into my head (showing my age)

Just wanted to let you know I'm so glad that you take time out of your day with these encouraging messages and respond to our way of thinking.  I hope in a way you are awarded for your efforts as much as some of us take solace in your reasoning.

Have a great weekend.

Brandon :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 08:26:34 PM »
Sixpack, I love this post! 

Tomorrow I was planning on going to the pet shop to buy flea shampoo for my poor Pug who has the itchies----Frontline didn't totally help.  And he needs more poop bags (so I don't leave any surprises on my neighbor's lawns  :happy0151:

Then I was going to scour through a cookbook 'Meatless Mondays' for recipes.  I'm planning on going semi-vegetarian. 

Other than that, nothing real exciting----change my bed sheets, tidy up.  Oh----I know what I really wanted to treat myself to, I have the most wonderful coffee shop two blocks down from my house, I might walk down---or sit there with my husband awhile to do our favorite thing, people watch!

Love your posts!  Keep up the inspiring encouragement  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 08:28:12 PM »
Good post.

I'm going to give myself some small goals:

I'll have some fun shopping for 4th of July stuff for a bbq I'm hosting for my family.  I'll listen to music while cleaning the house and will enjoy some beers too, while cleaning.. And after.

I may wash my car..

I won't look for symptoms in the mirror - throat, back, forehead, teeth, etc.. Anything which requires a mirror.

I won't think of myself as toxic and contagious - which means I'll kiss my wife, sip from other peoples glasses if they have beer I need to taste..

I won't refer to myself as crazy, stupid, dying, sick, or any other kind of label.

Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 09:30:08 PM »
Okay I'm going to do this  :bigsmile:

Well, tomorrow is pretty much all planned out. I work from noon-close (9). But Sunday my family and I are starting our 'Sunday Vacations' since my brother and I work all during the week along with my dad. First we're going to go to church, the one my brother went to when he was in college and then we're going to his favorite restaurant. After that we're going golfing! Hopefully there won't be any rain! Then of course ice cream after all that! (It's obviously my brother's day to choose things to do)

My day is on the 13th and even though I'm 21 I will admit that I absolutely LOVE the zoo and so we're going to go to our home church and then head on down to Columbus and shop a little then eat at my favorite restaurant, Max and Erma's, and then go to the zoo! I'm so excited! Hopefully this will keep my mind of all this dumb hypochondriac stuff.

P.S. Sixpack....I think I am almost moved on from my bt fear! Yay! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I have pancreatic cancer now so that sucks. But I just wanted to thank you for all the support and encouragement you gave me during my bt fears. I'm pretty sure 98% of the reason I was able to move on was thanks to your support!
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 09:53:38 PM »
Today was a great day. Long walk to neighbors on next block (I took the long way on purpose because  of my "anxiety" when walking ), fixed neighbors printer/fax, then went to a store that I've been avoiding and felt totally normal there. Came home and sat outside in the heat and didn't allow it to trigger my "heat anxiety".

Tomorrow I'm going to a birthday bash which is out of my comfort zone. I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be outside but I know that if I get too hot, I can run inside for a dose of A/C.  :yes: :yes: :yes:

Bookmark and Share

Tags: