Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: my anxiety and me  (Read 35 times)

Offline touckie

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
my anxiety and me
« on: June 27, 2014, 01:53:06 AM »
Hello everyone. My name is Tonya and I am a female in my late 30's that has suffered with anxiety and depression since I was in High School and probably a bit before. I have been diagnosed with Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, General Anxiety Disorder, and Borderline Personality Disorder. I think thats all of it. At least thats all I can remember right now. I have had periods where my anxiety was soo bad I couldnt leave the house and I have had periods where I could do most anything. (I miss those times) lol. Right now I am having a really rough go with my anxiety. It hasnt got me housebound and I am determined that it wont ever get the best of me like that again. However, I am finding it extremely difficult to even go to work. I am a hairstylist and work by appointment only. Well, I am starting to reschedule quite a few of my poor clients because of my anxiety. I found this site and am really hoping that by sharing my experiences and reading others, that I can get a better hold on my life and not let anxiety take over.. God, I even dislike the word anxiety...
I have taken a few different drugs to help cope thru the years. I can go into more detail another time if anyone is curious. As for now, I am currently going thru a medication change. I was on 75mg of effexor xr for 4 yrs and I think it worked well for my depression and did help a bit for anxiety but I think it just lost its effectiveness over that amount of time? idk. so my new dr decided to take me off the effexor and start zoloft.  I was on 25mg and it wasnt doing much. I noticed anxiety and depression increased. especially the depression.  So the dr moved me up to 50mg, and my anxiety went crazy the next day. soo, i went back to the 10mg. Now the Dr says we will switch from the zoloft and try 10mg of prozac eventually aiming to get up to 20mg. 
Im extremely nervous about this zoloft to prozac switch because I seem to be super sensitive to meds and I have had bad experiences with some of them before. Yikes, well I have taken the prozac along with .25mg klonopin so we will see how the night and tomorrow goes. (crossing my fingers).. 
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: my anxiety and me
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 03:28:16 AM »
hi touckie,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: