Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New Here...My Story  (Read 67 times)

Offline JustBreath

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New Here...My Story
« on: June 26, 2014, 11:21:01 PM »
Hello all :)

Finally going to introduce myself. Tried another forum awhile back but it wasn't very active and responses were rare so hoping for a busier one :) I've been lurking for awhile and it seems to be.

Anyhow, I'm an almost 30 yr old female who is struggling with anxiety, panic attacks and ocd (not diagnosed but I know I have it). I have been dealing with this since I was a child but I had a long stretch where I was just fine and then it all came crashing down about 2 yrs ago and has been on and off since (mostly on). I am having new anxieties and phobias that I haven't dealt with in the past so it is a real struggle. I know you can all relate and I'm just hoping for some answers and to talk to those who can relate. I am having an even more difficult time because I am seeing my daughter experience the same things I did at her age and I want to help her but I cannot hardly help myself and it's killing me.

Just trying so hard to get through this and back to being myself. I am so tired of living my life around my anxiety and holding my husband and kids back from things because I am unable to do them. I have to figure this out for my daughter. I don't want her to have to deal with this :(

I am here if anyone needs to talk and would appreciate any advice. I have so much respect and compassion for everyone dealing with this because it is so hard sometimes. Good luck to you all I hope that we all find the answers we are looking for soon so that we can relax and enjoy life how we all would like to :)
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Here...My Story
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 03:20:25 AM »
Hi JustBreath,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

I am a mother of a young son and I know that fear of passing the anxieties and fears on to my child.  Here is one main thing to remember.  You see the problem and you as her mother can get her the help she needs at a young age so the anxieties don't take hold in the same way yours has.  I see this as an opportunity to use our anxiety to stop the cycle for our children.  Not sure this helps you feel better, but it does help me to keep that in mind.  I hope you can find some help and support here as I have.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Here...My Story
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 11:30:19 AM »
Hello all :)

Finally going to introduce myself. Tried another forum awhile back but it wasn't very active and responses were rare so hoping for a busier one :) I've been lurking for awhile and it seems to be.

Anyhow, I'm an almost 30 yr old female who is struggling with anxiety, panic attacks and ocd (not diagnosed but I know I have it). I have been dealing with this since I was a child but I had a long stretch where I was just fine and then it all came crashing down about 2 yrs ago and has been on and off since (mostly on). I am having new anxieties and phobias that I haven't dealt with in the past so it is a real struggle. I know you can all relate and I'm just hoping for some answers and to talk to those who can relate. I am having an even more difficult time because I am seeing my daughter experience the same things I did at her age and I want to help her but I cannot hardly help myself and it's killing me.

Just trying so hard to get through this and back to being myself. I am so tired of living my life around my anxiety and holding my husband and kids back from things because I am unable to do them. I have to figure this out for my daughter. I don't want her to have to deal with this :(

I am here if anyone needs to talk and would appreciate any advice. I have so much respect and compassion for everyone dealing with this because it is so hard sometimes. Good luck to you all I hope that we all find the answers we are looking for soon so that we can relax and enjoy life how we all would like to :)

Hi JustBreath  :action-smiley-065:

I am very happy you are joining us, you will find many people here that can relate  :yes:

I was reading  "struggling with anxiety, panic attacks and ocd (not diagnosed but I know I have it)"

One area I found that really helped me was getting some solid information and even a self-test quiz, so when I speak to my dr. - I would have printouts of my symptoms and self-quiz to help my doctor point me in the right directions  :grinning-smiley-003:

You are now taking the first steps to improving your life and your family life!   :yes:

You have a bright Future Awaiting (you are only 30!)  :nature-smiley-016:

Check out this helpful Links - so you can learn more about what you might be experiencing and of course to help your daughter.

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHpanic.pdf - Self Test for Panic Disorder.

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHgad.pdf  - GAD – Self Test

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHdepwomenknows.pdf - Depression for Women – self test

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMH317.406_F_TSH_treatable.pdf  - Depression is Treatable

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,26.0.html – Social Anxiety overview

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHocd.pdf - OCD - Self-test

I would print out this material and especially the self-test and bring them with you to your next Dr. Appointment  :sign0169:

Again, Welcome aboard  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: