Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pregnant with HA  (Read 92 times)

Offline Ssgirl

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pregnant with HA
« on: June 26, 2014, 10:58:48 PM »
Hey everyone-

I am currently 16 weeks pregnant... with my 3rd child... My first two pregnancies were a breeze. I had no anxiety then, didnt worry about anything weird going on in my body.. and everything always went smooth.
Somewhere between this pregnancy and my last one (which was only 2 years ago). My anxiety was triggered, and I soon found out I had a bad case of HA. Through meds, therapy, and self talk.. I havent had any episodes for quite some time.. I thought I was cured! 2 months into this pregnancy I realized that isnt the case.
Everything going on in my body... I notice... every pain, every ache, every feeling... I worry. Yesterday I went into the lab to give a urine sample... I asked to go in because I felt like I was getting a UTI - Today when I called in to an advice nurse line to get the results.. She told me they were "abnormal" and would have to have a doctor look at them... That sent me into a full blown anxiety attack.. I havent had one in a LONG time (About 6 months).

I was doing so good until this pregnancy... I felt like it was under control.
I fear that my anxiety is really going to cause something to go wrong in this pregnancy.

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with this during pregnancy? I wish I enjoyed my last two pregnancies and really understood how easy I had it. I never knew anxiety could really ruin happy times in your life....

Feeling discouraged.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pregnant with HA
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 09:45:12 AM »
I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and I can relate to you in more ways than one. I also have done very well with my anxiety and had very little of it through out my last pregnancy.

Personally, I think hormones can definitely play a role in the amount of anxiety you exhibit during pregnancy. I go through bouts this pregnancy where my old anxiety comes back (seriously haven't felt this way in YEARS!) and I worry about things excessively. Each pregnancy is different so remember that so is the fluctuation in your hormones.

As far as UTI's are concerned, they are very common in pregnancy and easily treated. The best advice I received that works is drinking LOTS of water every day, all day. It keeps those pesky UTI's at bay really great!

Lastly, being pregnant can be a source of stress and anxiety because there are so many changes going on in your body. Do you have anyone to help you out with your other children? Sometimes when I am coping with anxiety I get my husband to help more around the house or with our son. I find time to sit for 20 minutes and do a relaxation/meditation session on my ipad (there are lots of great free apps). I also did hypnobirthing (via Maggie Howell...you can order her cd's for a reasonable price) for my last birth and this helped me tremendously. I have anxiety just going to the doctors so was amazed to have no anxiety while in labour at the hospital! Lots of options out there if you take the time :) Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pregnant with HA
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 01:30:09 PM »
I didn't have hypochondria with my pregnancy three years ago.  This time, I have a tumor. I am worried, especially about blood work. Silly me though, I don't worry much about cramping, bleeding, and everything.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: