Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Embarrassing admission... happened to anyone else?  (Read 104 times)

Offline AthenaNY

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Embarrassing admission... happened to anyone else?
« on: June 26, 2014, 03:23:14 PM »
I don't really know what particular illness I am worried about right now... but I have been walking around pretty sure I have a fever.  I took my temperature twice:  97.4 and 97.6.  Now here's where it gets nutty... have any of you ever actually not-believed a thermometer??   :-*
Bookmark and Share

Offline TheFloyd

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Embarrassing admission... happened to anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 03:31:17 PM »
Yes, when I have for example a headache and I take my temperature, I can never believe that I don't have fever  :laugh3:
I guess we just have to accept the thermometer. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 03:40:31 PM »
Try another thermometer :)

Are you really cold feeling?  Like do you want to out a coat on and get under a blanket?  Any other symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 03:47:05 PM »
I am laughing because I do this a lot. I use the kind that works in your ear. I try one ear, and if that doesn't show me a fever then I try the other ear because I don't believe the first result. And when that one is negative, then I ask my wife where our other thermometer is because I don't believe it. Occasionally when this happens and I just know I have a fever, I will try again an hour later and I actually will have a fever. Now either it is mind over body and I'm giving myself a fever, or (I think more likely) I am just so sensitive to my body that I can tell a fever is coming on before I start to show a temperature. Other times I think I am just feeling under the weather; maybe a pressure system is making me feel crummy or I am having an inflammatory response to something I ate or maybe even just allergies. But occasionally, it turns out that I was right and the temperature just hadn't shown up yet.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »
Temps can rise and fall through out the day or week doesn't mean you have a fever or anything wrong at all and if you are having panic or an anxiety attack which I do when getting blood drawn the temp can rise due to the chemicals being released and also we get hot flashes or sweats so the body temp will vary but you do seem to have an obsession with taking your temp so I would HIDE all thermometers and use distraction to break the cycle.

You are fine really .
Take care
Bookmark and Share
Let it Go, Let God !

Tags: