Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it not rabies? Please tell me.  (Read 768 times)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 240
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it not rabies? Please tell me.
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 03:17:23 PM »
Toasted Butter that is true, but many bites are bites that people don't know about in the case of a rabid bat. Many people tell me that it would have been making a noise but trust me I'm a HEAVY SLEEPER, you could pinch my feet and I would still be sleeping soundly. Sleeping was exactly what I was doing outside, also my throat feels weird, what it is I can't rule out for my anxiety causes weird throatfeelings like a choking feeling. Toasted Butter the few factors that make me feel as if I might have been bitten are: My weird leg feelings, itching at the ankle, being OUTSIDE in the night/day (about midnight), bats are seen on the island on which I live, rabies has been reported from the county, my DEEP sleeping, and the knowing tat my ankles may have not been fully covered. I have had health anxiety about this for two years, and oh yeah another reason, my side and back have hurt, and also I've been feeling crawling on my arms and legs, alsoheat flashes, and last but not least the leg muscle twitches have been getting bigger. I do have allergies and anxiety but I KNOW that my allergies wouldn't be causing this.  :sick0002:

you still don't have rabies.

of course your arguments that you do have rabies is being filtered through rampantly irrational fear of this disease.  so any sensation or scratch or itch or ____ you find on your body is going to fit into your fear thoughts. 

so in two weeks or so when you still haven't succumbed to rabies, you will slowly come out of the fear.  then next time you are outside at night or next time a window is open over the summer, you anxious thinking will ONCE again drag you around like a rag doll.

How do I know this?  I have, in the last 5 yrs on this site, seen 50+ people as determined as you to "have" rabies.  AND exactly ZERO ever have.  They've made the same anxiety ridden arguments that you are making

Yes, I know your response will be something about rabid bats in your area in the last year or two.  so what?  there has been rapid raccoons reported within 15 miles of my house already this year.  We had a raccoon in our yard around 10am one morning.   We have bats fly around our house nightly searching for bugs.  My kids have camped out side with friends. 

Honey, truthfully this is your anxiety talking nothing more nothing less.  Now you can continue trying to fit a square peg into a round hole but you are simply going to wear yourself out trying...........  AND in the end you still won't have rabies
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 04:02:36 PM »
Toasted Butter,Does this mean that you think I still have a chance of possibly having rabies since you said:

Tightness in the throat is an incredibly common symptom of anxiety, and especially so considering that you have tonsillitis/allergies. I think your worrying is making your symptoms worse. I have absolutely no reservations whatsoever in saying that there is absolutely no chance at all that you have rabies.
[/quote]  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing fine, it's all trial and error...

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 04:38:14 PM »
No, what I meant was that I think there is zero chance that you have rabies. None at all. I would bet my house on it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 05:09:53 PM »
Toasted Butter, I see where you are going with this for awhile ago I had a headache which I thought was "rabies" when in fact it was from dehydration. I was FULLY covered too, except for a few bug bites (I thought one of them was a bat but my dad told me that he had the same thing as well on his arm), I do think a little lack of sleep is the reason for some of my fatigue. Also I think the foot tingling and heat is from having it under presure (or compression from pressing it on a peice of metal on the leg rest. also the cold air is settled near the ground so that may be the feeling I'm having with my feet and my hands if I put them down near the ground. The only reasonI am questioning this foot thing is that it still feels heat flashy (both my feet).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 05:19:55 PM »
You might just have poor circulation in your feet. You might try taking a warm bath and see if that helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline totallyphobic

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 07:31:37 PM »
Smalm

I can absolutely assure you that you do not have rabies. How do I know this well I have had the exact same thought process you are having and let me tell you it is draining and a totally vicious cycle. For years every time I had a bite a scratch I had the exact same thoughts you are having including counting down days till what the experts say are the incubation period for the disease convinced I had it and my anxiety would produce panic attacks on the what I called zero day the day after the incubation period ended. I went to the ER called the CDC the Health dept any one for reassurance. I called the bat conservation in Texas and spoke to an expert this was after my husband had left open a window open for a month and I didn't know it since a blind covered it. Well what I was told is even if you are a heavy sleeper a bat is noisy flapping around and when it bites you do feel it. This expert had been bitten numerous times and said it hurt. Secondly a bat is afraid of humans all they want is a bug so unless you provoke a bat it is not after you and unless you touch a dead bat that is lying on the ground with a cut and get salivia it is impossible to get rabies this has been going on for 20 years and I am still alive after all that. I suggest you contact Bat Conservation you can google it and speak to an expert who handles and is familiar with their habits. Every now and then I still get that doubt but I just use self talk about what the expert said and it becomes manageable.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 07:55:15 PM »
So totallyphobic you are saying that they would'nt swoop down and take a bite if rabid? For then why do they bite people sleeping with no sort of making the bat mad? My anxiety returned on this after I stood up and felt very lightheaded... Damn anxiety. I am getting a headache and this makes my anxiety worse... I realy hope the no pain thing is true, than how do people go withbites un-noticed? i really am trying to keep my cool, as long as I don't have a headache and as long as my pupils arn't dialated then I'm sane. Sorry I hate my anxiety and am still not convinced that I'm rabies free.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 12:06:07 PM »
My whole leg is getting the chills or feeling cold and my ankle hurts when I walk sometimes, I really am still scared and need to know why so many bites go un-noticed and If it's a possibility that they would bite you without you making them angry? Like them swooping down and biting you and then flying away. my throat feels off, my stomach feels off, and my whole leg feels off.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline blakebeck94

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »
If it were rabies, you wouldn't be typing right now and you'd probably be lying on your death bed in the hospital. There's only a few days between the first symptoms and death. Chills are very common with anxiety, and I get them on my legs and even on the right side of my face. You're fine! Rabies is very, very, very rare anyway. Only one or two cases a year in the entire United States.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »
Blackbeck94, there is actually up to a week of weird sensation at the site of the bite... Tingling, numbness, or other odd sensations. I do take notice that this is affecting the both of my feet <if I'm not just imagining the other one>. :dazed: As for the cold feeling I only notice it when I'm inside so it might be from the house temprature or me sitting around for it is summertime  :happy0151:! I do think that I'm going to take a magnesuim bath that's warm to see if this is a circulation problem, if it's not then the air might be too cold but the only thing that makes me think this is rabies is that I can feel it on my foot no matter where it is in position and the other foot I can only feel it if it's up, not down... This is also happening with my hand... I don't know what's going on anymore  :traurig001: I just feel it spreading up my legs which is scary... May be the room or may be my death bed.  :traurig001: That's why I was wondering if a bat would just swoop down and bite me for I heard they like body heat. I just really don't know why my feet are acting out <one more than the other, left is less, right is more>. just put me out of my misery.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything