Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Axiety sufferes please help....respond  (Read 112 times)

Offline ANXY-WOR

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Axiety sufferes please help....respond
« on: June 26, 2014, 01:40:08 PM »
So if you're like me, you are often running to the doctors office with new unsettling symptoms and worries. Today marks a week since I last went to the urgent care thinking I had MS and a week BEFORE that I went in again for a bunch of blood work another doctor. And that blood work came back CLEAR, WHICH I still went to urgent care worrying that I STILL might have something. My most current and bothersome symptoms right now are a kind of tingling on the right side of my head which travels to my temple and down my neck, it feels like a tingling and numb feeling. is a dull kind of feeling which never seems to go away, and I'm not sure if its anxiety or a BRAIN TUMOR OR WORSE. so today (exactly a week after I wen to urgent care) I feel like going back. I feel that I need more examinations and more assurance. Last week the doctor told me EERYTHING WAS FINE that I was a HEALTHY young woman and I need not be worrying about this. he just prescribed me .5mg of Ativan. which helped....but not enough to make my symptoms go away. I feel that they don't pay attention or take me seriously since I go there so often....WHAT SHOULD I DO??????????
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Axiety sufferes please help....respond
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:51:22 PM »
Take a nice deep breath and do some nice lite neck exercises.  You have a very complex set of muscles which attach from your chest and back and run right up the side to the top of your head.  If you're tense, all of these muscles get affected.  And if you're always stressed you could be clenching your teeth and jaw a lot which would totally cause these symptoms.

Instead of going to dr, I would go get a nice Thai style massage and you'll feel brand new.

And keep coming to this site.  It's awesome.  I'm a newbie but I'm loving it...

Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:53:08 PM »
I agree with Bocephus. A massage will do more good and you'll enjoy it more, too. You can even do a bit yourself by massaging your jaw, neck, and around your ear and temple area.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 02:24:26 PM »
Take a day off, take a warm bath or shower, do something fun, you need to relax, a massage would be a good idea, but consult that with your neurologist, since some kinds of neck / back pain can get worse by a massage, you will be fine *hugs* http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MPqwXNq09CQ/UPrRfN3fA0I/AAAAAAAADhI/fVKLE3cyyFc/s1600/inthug.PNG
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Offline Kenzie

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 02:50:49 PM »
I'm the same way I went to urgent care on Monday cause I wasn't feeling right as in shortness of breath numbness and tingling in my body they hooked me up to a EKG everything was fine so he prescribed me the lowest dose of Xanax I didn't take it cause I got to nervous so I went to bed that night and was having numbness in my left leg and then I googled it and then I saw something about a stroke so I started freakingn out even more which led me to the ER the next day they did blood work X-rays and a car scan and everything came back normal they gave me Xanax and hooked me up to an Iv cause I was dehydrated it's scary thing how out minds can trick us into belving we have things that arnt there
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 02:56:08 PM »
Kenzie that's a good piping though about dehydration.  When we are going through these tough times we forget to drink water and eat, or we just don't want to..  Of course that can make everything so so so much worse..  Dehydration carries with it whole bunch of symptoms which obviously we don't need or want..  As a matter of fact I'm going to go force myslf to drink a couple of glasses a water right now!

Must eat, even if just a little, must drink water!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kenzie

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 03:08:18 PM »
That's what I been having to do is force myself to eat and drink water even the dr told me that's good to do even if you can't eat just make yourself :)  I tried eating yesterday and puked it all back up which was so weird but they did tests on my thyroid and stuff so I'm waiting for these results I suffer with pcos which I read can make anxiey worse I make myself listen to calm meditation music and I have this room spray called panic button when I feel panicky which is everyday I spray it around me and the smell has a calming affect I love it
Bookmark and Share

Tags: