Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: I'm new from Alabama.  (Read 58 times)

Offline Braley

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm new from Alabama.
« on: June 26, 2014, 02:35:12 AM »
My name is Brandi and I have social anxiety so bad. I freak out if I even have to leave the house and I don't like to go anywhere with there's a lot of people. I used to be on benzo's for my anxiety but recently I went to a treatment center to help get off of the Xanax and now I'm reconsidering going back to Benzos. It seems like that's the only thing that helps. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm new from Alabama.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 03:27:29 AM »
Hi Braley,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm new from Alabama.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
Hi Brandi...  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on Anxiety Zone.  I also live in Alabama, so welcome from a fellow Alabamian...

Brandi, unfortunately, many anxiety and/or depressive disorders are chronic conditions, what do require ongoing treatment.  With the more chronic conditions, two forms of treatment that work the best are anti-depressant medication, and therapy such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).

For myself, I see a psychiatrist, and she is in charge of my mental health needs.  Psychiatrists are medical doctors, so they can provide you with a diagnosis, prescribe medication, and develop a treatment plan specific for your needs.  I also see a therapist (psychologist), and she is teaching me cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).  The combination of anti-depressant medications, and therapy, are working well for me.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone, Brandi.  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: