Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Halos Around Lights at Nightime?? Sometimes Indoor in Dim Lighting??  (Read 143 times)

Offline ferrari0909

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello I was wondering if any of you had experienced a change in your vision that has been pretty permanent.

I have shimmery vision, BFEP where I see thousands of nats in my vision and I have been told that is normal and to get used to it. Ive had it for 3 years now and its just hard but I know that I maybe normal

I also see halo's at night around street lights and sometimes around lights indoors, not all lights just sometimes around a couple and If i get close to them the halo dissapears??

DO i have hppd ??-- Never done lsd, or shrooms, just marijuana.

Does anybody else have halo's thanks :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Re: Halos Around Lights at Nightime?? Sometimes Indoor in Dim Lighting??
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »
Halo's around lights are usually a sign of glaucoma, or perhaps just a general astigmatism that can be corrected with glasses. Or it could be a sign you're a migrane person. Really any number of things, but I'd go to an eye doctor if you haven't in the past year. 
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline ferrari0909

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 10:24:59 PM »
Doctors said eye looks completely healthy

I did get a new pair of glasses a couple of months ago but I've had these halo's ever since I had a huge/bad panic attack.

I've had only 2 migraines in my entire life when my vision went kind of bonkers but I've had halos ever since the panic, not the migraine. Last one was about 8 months ago.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 10:27:58 PM »
Doctors said eye looks completely healthy

I did get a new pair of glasses a couple of months ago but I've had these halo's ever since I had a huge/bad panic attack.

That's very interesting. I doubt marijuana would cause that, as it has never really hurt anyone in the history of mankind. The panic attack is more likely. Maybe a visit to a neurologist would be better or a neuropsychologist. They can really pinpoint the part of your brain that is all mucked up.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Online thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 06:21:14 AM »
While this isn't a 'classic' presentation of anxiety you're definitely made more than appropriately aware of subtle visual variances. I have exactly the same disturbances you have, although I know I've had them my entire life and because of this have never it has never been a source of anxiety for me. Trust your doctors. Mine has not progressed and I often forget I have any trouble at all. I do not think this indicates any kind of deterioration in your case.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 205
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 06:58:54 AM »
Believe me, as a person with diagnosed eye conditions,  eye docs don't miss big ugly eye conditions.

the BIG clue to what is going on is when you say:   ....ever since I had a huge/bad panic attack .

Panic attacks cause all kinds of weird things with the body.   In your case, and imo, what is the most logical explanation as to why this is still happening to you is that when it happened--either consciously or subconscious--it scared you.  From then on you are looking for it ---again whether you realize it or not.  You are monitoring your vision.  It is no different than a person who twitches or who is having palpitations.

You can certainly see a neurologist.  But my opinion is this IS a product of your anxiety disorder.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Online thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 12:27:17 PM »
Wow, didn't notice my massive typo. Sorry, was using an iPod.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Tags: