Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ringing in right ear?  (Read 97 times)

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Ringing in right ear?
« on: June 25, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »
I haven't had any annoying ailments for a long time but since my husband left on a trip last week I have run the gamut! Yesterday evening I was trying to stay busy so invited a friend over. Midway through the evening I noticed a ringing in my right ear. Didn't think too much of it as I've had this before but it usually lasts for a minute then goes away....except it's a day later and as of this evening the ringing hasn't gone away.

I am trying not too freak out but it really bothers me that the ringing hasn't gone. Has anyone ever had ringing in one ear that lasts for awhile? I am 24 weeks pregnant but doubt this is related (no whooshing or heartbeat noise, just ringing).
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ringing in right ear?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 09:43:49 PM »
Yeah, for me it's typically a sign of a mild ear infection, or that I've been wearing earphones for too long!

Sometimes I get it bad when I have blocked sinuses too. It's nothing serious :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 10:09:55 PM »
I haven't had any annoying ailments for a long time but since my husband left on a trip last week I have run the gamut! Yesterday evening I was trying to stay busy so invited a friend over. Midway through the evening I noticed a ringing in my right ear. Didn't think too much of it as I've had this before but it usually lasts for a minute then goes away....except it's a day later and as of this evening the ringing hasn't gone away.

I am trying not too freak out but it really bothers me that the ringing hasn't gone. Has anyone ever had ringing in one ear that lasts for awhile? I am 24 weeks pregnant but doubt this is related (no whooshing or heartbeat noise, just ringing).

Before I went on antibiotics for the Sinnus/Ear infection I have, I had a ton of ringing in both ears. I'm just being realistic about it. There are other causes for it though like listening to music at a loud, loud concert. Tinnitus, I believe it is called. Sometimes it can just come from nothing and leave whenever it likes. It could be caused by a medley of things, but just remember if you get an ear ache, that's probably why. If you happen to get an ear ache, give it 5 days to a week to sort out. If it doesn't improve or gets worse during that time then see a doctor promptly. If you get a dramatic pain (Which i really really doubt you will) seek medical attention for it prior to the end of the 5 to 7 day period. After that you may need antibiotics. Ask about Cefprozil while you're there, 250mg twice a day. It's a really gentle antibiotic but really does the infection in. It's not for you if you're allergic to pennicillin or cephelasporin antibiotics.

But yeah it realy could be from anything.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 08:14:36 PM »
Thank you for the suggestions guys. I don't have any ear pain but will keep an eye on it. I do recall my toddler screaming/crying directly into my ear very loudly the same day that the ringing started. Not sure if there is any correlation.

It's been a couple days now and I still have a very low ring that is only noticeable at night when I lay my head down on that side or when I'm yawning (??)...rather off I can't hear it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:15:27 PM »
You could always go to an ENT physician as this is their specialty.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: