Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Waiting for blood work  (Read 153 times)

Online Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Waiting for blood work
« on: June 25, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »
Is the worst....i hate waiting for the results. So scared my liver panel is going to come back funky....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Waiting for blood work
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 09:45:55 PM »
Nobody likes waiting for blood work. I know it's mentioned here often but I suggest you try to keep busy. When I'm waiting for results I try to surround myself with family and friends. I'll go out for visits, and occupy myself so it takes my mind off it. It's definitely better than sitting at home alone...and you know, more often than not (even though you expect the absolute worst, everything turns out to be just fine  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 10:40:57 PM »
Keep in mind too that if your liver was that bad you would have been jaundice, which i'm assuming you're not, otherwise they would have sent you to the hospital and had the results that day. So really just do things you enjoy. Your favorite movies, music, video games if thats your thing, exercise always gets the endorphins pumpin which makes you feel good... don't get busy dyin, get busy livin! ;)
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 01:38:12 AM »
When I wait for test results/upcoming tests, I watch a LOT of TV that is funny - I know it'll be relaxing.

If you have Netflix streaming, Bob's Burgers is hilarious!  I always recommend that to people, because it's hilariously funny and out there without ever being offensive, so I think of it as "safe" for everyone even if I don't know their personal taste in humor.
Bookmark and Share

Online Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 07:08:46 AM »
Thanks y'all!! I had bloodwork done Tuesday morning at nine for my prenatal care. Just so many things to worry about..the tumor, blood work, baby, etc. i am pretty busy this week so it helps get my mind a little bit off of things. Never heard of that show molly. I always watch Reba to cheer me up :) i will have to check your show out.
Bookmark and Share

Online Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 09:05:45 AM »
Do yall think I would have heard something back by now, if something was wrong. I had bloodwork done at 9 Tuesday morning?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 11:37:17 AM »
Defiantly. I had all my blood work posted on my patient portal 48 hours after they did it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: